iDMSS Plus 4.91.000

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua released a new iDMSS update today. Seem to be more quicker in live preview but those with NVR will probably noticed a new entry when selecting camera to add to live preview that the first entry will load all camera on NVR into one screen.

I am still exploring other area in iDMSS ..

Post here if you found a new feature or a bug to share.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Does playback of events work? I mean actually skiiping frm one event to the next without watching the whole video clip?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Does playback of events work? I mean actually skiiping frm one event to the next without watching the whole video clip?
I am at work and I have not had an event yet to try it. My wife is leaving soon so I will check when an event is trigger by her leaving the house.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Im a glutton for punishment so i updated the app to this new version, playback of events is still borked.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Reviewing events, MD or IVS. Chose one and choose a time period, lets say 4 hours that contains 5 events. Now try to skip from one event to the other without viewing the standard recorded footage. I just want to see the 5 events at my front door this afternoon..

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY do you know if Dahua Engineer know about this problem with playback on iDMSS?

a) Playback not working. When FF from event 1 to event 2 in IVS, iDMSS does not move from event 1 directly to event 2.

b) FF or Rewind not working when you click the buttons either. If you click move the slider with finger manually it will work but will not stop FF or rewind when click Play

c) Live View only show 50% of screen in Portrait Mode.

d) Many timeouts when try live view on some cameras. % get stuck and will not show cameras.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Idmss has been a mess fir going on 2 years.
Dahua should get out of the software business

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.91.005 was released. Not sure what they claim to have “fixed”. Hopefully the playback of IVS events.

spenser911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why doesn't everyone migrate all their devices to DMSS both for the iOS platform and Android. As i/gDMSS is not being developed anymore, Dahua is now using a 3rd party software company to develop DMSS.

IVS Playback performs perfectly on DMSS I use it for multiple sites on a daily basis.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Its better than it was now... not as good as it once was, but better than recent idmss versions.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.92.000 iDMSS just got pushed out. I thought it was dead and they were only updating DMSS.

I wonder if playback is fixed for IVS events. If anyone grabs this please report your findings. Like I said in past posts I’m still on version 4.31.002 from what I believe is March 2019.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My iDMSS on iOS is version 4.91.005 for some reason the past week all IVS notifcations stopped getting pushed to my phone. I've reset everything and reconfigure the tripwire rules and now was able to get one camera to send push but still flaky. The newest DMSS app never gave me any push notifications at all. Does anybody else able to ever get DMSS to push notifications? It's the app with the blue and white color icon. Does it need to register and login the app? With iDMSS i never registered and push used to be always fine.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No need to register - have you tried restarting the NVR and your phone? I always find that usually resets it when it get's messed up.

adog35

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having trouble with my DMSS push notifications as well. They only work for 1 of my 2 channels.
I confirmed push notifications are enabled for both channels and IVS is working correctly locally.

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get notifications from motion on my iphone but they are delayed by 3- to sometimes 30 minutes which makes it useless. It used to work instantly but stopped last august 2020.