iDMSS Plus "user is locked" error after app update

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been using the iOS iDMSS Plus app to view my cameras just fine for the better part of the last week since my Dahua NVR/cameras were first installed. I have been using the "admin" account with a modified password without issue. All of that changed earlier today after the latest iOS app update in which I'll get the following error when trying to access my cameras either remotely (via data) or on the same network. When trying to log into the NVR locally with the mouse and using the same admin account and password, the NVR will beep and I will be shown that the account has been locked and I need to either reset or try in 24 minutes. If I use the 888888 account then I can login fine (not remotely though) locally and make edits, etc. I have already checked to make sure my IP hasn't changed.

Anyone know what's going on?

FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same issue here. Just purchased Plus versions of both apps last night while playing with IVS setup and worked well. This morning only iDMSS is locked, Android working fine.

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Getting locked error on Android app now too, will try different login at NVR later. Not sure what's going on, first time for lock out issues.

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
after I posted this, I was somehow able to access my feeds again via iDMSS plus but as of just now, they're no longer working again. I now have a incorrect username or password error. Something is definitely fishy with the latest app update :mad:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had that happen a number of times over the past 2 years on EvoPlus and iDMSS. Now I wait 3 months minimum before updating the apps. I dont allow Apple to decide when to update for me ;)

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had that happen a number of times over the past 2 years on EvoPlus and iDMSS. Now I wait 3 months minimum before updating the apps. I dont allow Apple to decide when to update for me ;)
Yes, after this experience I will turn off auto update for all apps

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
In the mean time until they fix it, try EVOPLUSLITE - seems to be a knockoff if iDMSS

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Were you using default pw and ports? maybe it is the mirai/bot that logins to the machine and changes the password .if you have access to the machine, Try to change your password, change your default ports, restart the machine and reconnect with idmss again...check the log for any suspicious login or if they added any extra user accounts...check for illegal logins as well.

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Were you using default pw and ports? maybe it is the mirai/bot that logins to the machine and changes the password .if you have access to the machine, Try to change your password, change your default ports, restart the machine and reconnect with idmss again...check the log for any suspicious login or if they added any extra user accounts...check for illegal logins as well.
I was not using default pw as that was the first thing I changed when I logged into the admin account. as I said, everything was working fine until the latest ios app update and now it's all weird. how do you check for illegal logins?

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can check under log and check Type Account...there's no exactly illegal login, but see if you recongize any strange IP. For example i think my router got infected by Mirai and was trying to log into the machine from 192.168.1.1

upload_2017-3-4_10-23-39.png

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, seems to be just the iDMSS Plus app issue as the Lite versions signs in fine. I just started using Plus so I could play with push notifications and Android Plus version works ok again.

Deleted the iDMSS Plus off my phone with intentions of reinstalling but didn't see it listed in the App Store, hopefully it's getting fixed.

Been playing with Tripwire as a alternative to motion, so far working well just need to make some adjustments for neighborhood cats, fox and building shadows on bright sunny days.

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
VPN Primer for Noobs

Always create individual logins for your apps so they dont lock out your primary admin account
I've read your first post and attempted to use openvpn on my setup. here's what I've done and I think I got everything working properly. on my netgear router, i've enabled openvpn and dynamic dns (plus setup new account with no-ip.com). i've emailed the openvpn smartphone config to my iphone and loaded the file with the ios open vpn app. when connected via mobile data, i see the connection complete with a VPN icon showing up on the tray. within the EVOPLUSLITE app (iDMSS plus app still buggy), i've updated the ip under device manager and point it to the current NVR default of 192.168.1.108. the feed appears to be working remotely - do i have everything setup correctly?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What are you all using now to view your cams via iOS? What about IP Cam Viewer Pro?

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am still using iDMSS Plus as the primary iOS app to view m cameras. the bug I experienced earlier seem to be gone now and I haven't had anymore issues (knock on wood)