IDMSS Push stopped working?

molarbear

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a complete Dahua setup bought from Andy,NVR5216-16P-4KS2e and HDW5231R-Z cameras. I set it up about 9 months ago and it was working fine. At somewhere in the line I stopped getting push notifications, probably at the end of November. I have 5 family members who all got push updates, and it stopped for them too.

NVR firmware is the same V3.216 V3.216.0000006.0. I didn't update it. Has iDMSS updated and broken it all? I don't recall changing anything at all but the app is on auto update.
When I log into the IVS screen via web browser I can see that the IVS starts to blink when trip wires are broken, so the camera is registering the IVS event. It's just not getting pushed to iDMSS.

Any ideas?

Bjf

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the app is broken, I just now had the same issue with gdmss. I'm actually getting notifications but I can't view the video event

Terie

n3wb
Reaction score
I have gDMSS on 2 different Android phones and all push notifications stopped working (last one received 26/03)? I already deleted and reinstalled the app, everything seems ok.
I have it in combination with a VTO2000a, also no notifications...
Somebody has the same problem??

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just enabled it on a new IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI Firmware: V2.800.0000000.11.R, Build Date: 2019-12-30. It was working great when I initially enabled push notifications in iDMSS last week and then I started messing with settings and assumed that caused it to stop working. I tried changing everything back but no luck. It started working again this morning so I am assuming that a Dahua server related to push notifications was not functioning.
I would like to know if there is anywhere for us to check the current status of the Dahua Push Notification system.

molarbear

n3wb
Reaction score
It's so patchy. I've been reinstalling everything over the last week and little to no luck. My gut feeling which is echoed by others here is that it is the very poor and patchy/buggy coding of the IDMSS app, rather than anything else.

I've upgraded the NVR to the latest firmware. I get about 1 in 10 (if that) push notifications through. I also have multiple apps installed (IDMSS Plus, EVOPlus which is the older version) and bizarrely each app will pick up different notifications, separately. I can only assume that the apps are not picking up the push notifications, how can one app receive it and not the other?!

I've done a packet capture on the router and the NVR is definitely outputting lots of push packets on port 2195 so the NVR is doing its bit. Also there are no rules to be blocking outgoing traffic either, so it can't be that. All a bit bizarre. The only thing I need to do is a complete factory reset of the NVR but it makes no sense why that would change things if the packets are being registered by the firewall as being sent on port 2915.

Push used to work until late October/November last year, and 1 in 10 notifications get through now, all the recordings are showing up in smart AI search, so the NVR is doing its bit - so I can only assume it's an IDMSS app update that's buggy.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Once you get ANY version of SmartPSS or mobile iDMSS/gDMSS to actually work, NEVER update the app/software. It will break. Dahua cant find their ass with both hands with apps/software/firmware