IE extensions no longer work get 404 error works with windows 7 native IE

kell490

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an Hikvision DS-2cd2047G1-L used to work no issues using the IE chrome extension also worked on edge. Then I started getting this 404 error. I have an old windows 7 laptop with native IE was able to get the camera's webpage to come up no issues. I updated the firmware to the lates says the camera is disconnected.

Attachments

JohnnyBeGood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe after the upgrade, your router assigned a new IP address. Look at your router's DHCP leases and see if you can find a new IP for the GUI.
It should at least display:
sddefault[1].jpg

kell490

n3wb
Reaction score
I can still get to it with the windows 7 laptop running the native IE same IP. The edge IE extension I get the certificate error then when I accept get the 404 error.

kell490

n3wb
Reaction score

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tried that also same thing with Chrome, and Opra seems like something has changes with an update. I think I'll just sell the camera on eBay going to get rid of all my Hikvision cameras. I by a different brand that supports any browser.
Newer cams support modern browsers using stream over Websockets. Tbh your should work aswell if you upgrade your fw

kell490

n3wb
Reaction score
Newer cams support modern browsers using stream over Websockets. Tbh your should work aswell if you upgrade your fw
I can get the streams to work with camera software I'm using sighthound also other software. I just want to be able to get to the web interface of the camera.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
IE is still buried in the OS and you can still use it by creating a simple VBS script file in note and saving it as a .vbs.

Open notepad, paste
Code:
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
Chose Save As.. and from the drop down box save as type, select "All Files" and remove .txt and save as .vbs

kell490

n3wb
Reaction score
IE is still buried in the OS and you can still use it by creating a simple VBS script file in note and saving it as a .vbs.

Open notepad, paste
Code:
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
Chose Save As.. and from the drop down box save as type, select "All Files" and remove .txt and save as .vbs
That worked I'm able to bring up native IE on my windows 11 box. Thanks a bunch