IeGeek IP Cam Assistance

mikey642

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here. Apologies for the, what I imagine is, a common question.
I have an IEGeek IP camera, which I already gather is rubbish. However, it fits my budget and what I need it for.

At the moment, it is an internal camera, facing outside through a window, which is great during the day time. However, at night, the IR LEDs kick in and make it useless.
I think the model is an IeGeek IG62, which is a 1080p Ip camera. I’m using the CamHi app to control and manage the camera.

I’m looking for a way turn off the IR LEDs. Is there a way to access extra controls the camera via a browser? As the CamHi app doesn’t give me the option to do this.

Any help you can offer would be awesome.

Thanks

Mike

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you scanned a QR code, then the cam is most likely using P2P and "talking" to a cloud.
Since it had to get there via your wireless router, you might be able to log into the router's webGUI using its default / gateway IP and examine the LAN / DHCP section to see what IP it assigned to the camera.
Once that is discovered, you might be able to use that IP to log into the cam's webGUI and poke around, looking for the setting that will allow you to disable the IR LED at night.
If that cam's HTTP port is not the usual "80", get back to us; you might be able to locate that HTTP port number using a free app on your smartphone.

mikey642

n3wb
Reaction score
If you scanned a QR code, then the cam is most likely using P2P and "talking" to a cloud.
Since it had to get there via your wireless router, you might be able to log into the router's webGUI using its default / gateway IP and examine the LAN / DHCP section to see what IP it assigned to the camera.
Once that is discovered, you might be able to use that IP to log into the cam's webGUI and poke around, looking for the setting that will allow you to disable the IR LED at night.
If that cam's HTTP port is not the usual "80", get back to us; you might be able to locate that HTTP port number using a free app on your smartphone.
Thanks for the reply. So far so good. Managed to log in using the IP address which gives me a load of settings.

There is a check box for IR LED Control which I changed to “Off.” However, it appears to have only changed the camera to “Day” mode, with the IR LEDs remaining on.

It’s given me options for “AEmode” which has options for Indoor, Outdoor and Auto, which I don’t know what it does. Also, ImgMode which gave me an option for Illuminance and another option I’ve forgotten. I’ve then got controls for shutter and IR Cut.

Anything I can tweak that may make the change I need to make?

Many thanks,

Mike

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is a check box for IR LED Control which I changed to “Off.” However, it appears to have only changed the camera to “Day” mode, with the IR LEDs remaining on.
That's the opposite of what that should do.
Maybe they have it backwards; if you haven't already done so, try setting to "Night" mode, maybe that will turn them off.
Yes, sounds dumb but you have nothing to lose; "Day" mode usually turns IR off, IIRC.

Last edited:

mikey642

n3wb
Reaction score
That's the opposite of what that should do.
Maybe they have it backwards; if you haven't already done so, try setting to "Night" mode, maybe that will turn them off.
Yes, sounds dumb but you have nothing to lose; "Day" mode usually turns IR off, IIRC.
Unfortunately, it looks like that tab only changes the camera from Auto, Day and Night modes, without affecting the IR LEDs which is frustrating.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it looks like that tab only changes the camera from Auto, Day and Night modes, without affecting the IR LEDs which is frustrating.
It's quite common on budget-range IP cameras for the IR LEDs to be directly controlled by the IR ring itself via the light sensor and a couple of transistors, as opposed to being controlled by the system board.
A way to confirm that is when there is enough light for the IR LEDs to be off, move your hand slowly over the light sensor, and if you see a gradual change in IR illumination as opposed to a straight on/off switch, the IR LEDs are being controlled directly by the ring.

It's 'Smart IR' devices that have the capability to directly control and vary the power to the IR LEDs.