Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Frank van der Heide did you try setting the cam back to defaults, then update the firmware?
Nope, i just updated it straight on. Should i have set back to defaults before then? Will that also change my IP config? I don't want the camera to go back to the default IP address, because I cannot connect it to my laptop to change it back to my preferred settings.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Adjusted and tested plenty this weekend. Drove in and out of the driveway approach at least two dozen times, with cars, trucks, bikes, and foot traffic.

I see your sensitivity is set to 8. Best results for tracking were at the default, 5. Set to 3 or less, no tracking. 8 or above, wacky tracking or none at all.

Also, a vertical intrusion box works the best for tracking, from my testing. One that captures the height of the object, not just crossing a line on the ground, like a 4 sided tripwire.

YMMV

SD
I didn't put my pir up today. Looks like I am going turkey hunting tomorrow. So probably won't get installed tomorrow. I haven't had any weird experience set on 8 but nothing is set in stone with this cam.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nope, i just updated it straight on. Should i have set back to defaults before then? Will that also change my IP config? I don't want the camera to go back to the default IP address, because I cannot connect it to my laptop to change it back to my preferred settings.
You are connecting to the camera to tune it, why can't you connect to it with the default ip address?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I read in another thread that a similar problem as yours, feature disappeared, was solved by setting to default prior to firmware loading.

What is the current cam IP address?

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I read in another thread that a similar problem as yours, feature disappeared, was solved by setting to default prior to firmware loading.

What is the current cam IP address?
Mine is set to 192.168.178.205, but i'm worried that setting it to default will also set my IP back to default. But perhaps i should just try it and see if i can connect to it.

Last edited:

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's all you would need to do if it went to the default ip and password. Login via your browser and switch it back.
Ok, just to make sure I understand: First i set the camera back to default. Then i change back the IP (if it is changed to default also) (BTW, what is the default IP?). Then I upgrade again with the March 2017 firmware. Next I will again upgrade also the PTZ software. That's it?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua ip camera
Username: admin
Password: admin
IP Address: 192.168.1.108

When you reset to default I would think the ip would reset also.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, done what you suggested. Put the camera back to default. After that my IP was still the same though, so it's definitely not a factory reset. Then i loaded the March 2017 PAL firmware again. But no different result. Perhaps I should first go back to the previous firmware version?????

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I first got this camera I went to bed and all was good. Woke up and it acted like it was fried. Couldn't communicate with it. Have no idea what the hell went wrong. Had to get up on the ladder, open the back up and hit the reset button. It is a true factory reset. Have not had an issue since.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, so it's kinda hard to take the back plate off and do a hard reset.It's about 9 meters up.
Yeah, that will be fun. It will wipe and start over factory though. I'm not impressed with the tracking capabilities of this camera. Should have just stuck with the 49 unless something or some setting makes a huge difference.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Solar Deity is your man for this!

From conversations with him he knows the camera like the back of his hand

I would try as he suggested regards the tracking and see how it goes.

I'm going to try it and see how well the vertical intrusion box works for me

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is why you don't upgrade every time Dahua / dell / Cisco etc release a new firmware. :p

Some times it's better to hang back a few. :)
@beingaware Watched your videos on youtube. Would you mind sharing what firmware version you're using? I find your image clarity and night color video very nice. Much better than what i'm having with my camera. You wouldn't have a backup of your firmware perhaps? I would like to try to downgrade if that's at all possible.

Last edited:

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting question.... So with this camera you setup multiple presets and you can setup multiple rule types for each preset. But it doesn't seem like the camera is showing the new rules when it switches to the preset it is being triggered to. Anyone finding the same thing?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Disregard. It does switch in the live view but it wasn't in the IVS setup window.