I'm really going to miss having the B95 PTZ

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was sure fun poking around the block with a PTZ to see what's up, but sadly it's just on loan and has to go back.

The end of the block

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I cant wait to get my min ptz I bought but can't decide if I want to keep it or resell it. Figured I would use it as a demo to show customers at the least. I want to put it on the soffit on my house but afraid it will either stick out too much or not be low enough. We shall see.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are used to ACTi, it's really not any bigger than their standard outdoor vandal domes like the E72 for example. My only complaint is I wish it had a wider view, like 4mm instead of 4.9mm.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These network or IP cameras get you spoiled. I go to properties with analog and I think , wow that looked good years ago....or last year. hahaha

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well at least the poor mail guy will be safe now. Lol

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
They say a ptz is mostly not needed and more for fun, but I disagree. I put mine to good use and it's fun too. And bottom line, I wouldn't want to be without one now. Once you get one, you tend to like to keep it in line. They are extremely useful even in residential.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In general, it is better to have mulitple fixed cameras. You are not always home to control the camera and if you have it auto tour, you might miss something that happens fast. But, in some cases, such as shocks, it works well for what he wants it to do. A ptz is also useful if you have a busy neighborhood and would need to zoom into an activity to capture good detail for better identification. I always
inform my customer, that they should not have a ptz as their primary means of security. It should be used only as an addition unless there is a specific reason for one. I have one customer that wasn't
too worried about security and catching crooks at night on his property. All he wanted was to use the camera to check out what his employees were doing outside in the yard. So, he moves it around and zooms in and out to where ever his workers are on his property and he just watches them while he sits in his chair in his office like a king, lol.