Image quality of IPC-HDB4300C via NVR4104P - night time

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've go two cameras hooked directly to a NVR4104p and one that the NVR considers remote (which means you can still access to its web page directly).

I've found since running all footage from the NVR that darkness is not dealt with anywhere near as good as it was when the cameras were independent.

Is there anything I can do to brighten them up?
060324_0520_E.jpgGarage-2016-06-06-03.17.30-[M].jpg
Here's two. The Garage One (right on my screen) was from when the camera was independent. The left is from the NVR.

Enclosed are the Image settings.
Camera-Night.PNGNVR-night.PNG

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Something is changing the settings (maybe when you are in the NVR by accident?). The stream saved by the NVR is identical to the stream saved by the camera.

How are you getting the screenshots? You're not screenshotting your screen are you?

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Screen shots are sent via FTP to a server I have (then uploaded to google photos).

I do have Smart PSS running, but it shouldn't be doing anything actively on the cameras.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I personally would turn off HLC and 3D NR etc to see what happens. There's some sort of post-processing going on I think.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When plugged into NVR, then always do NVR unless you have to go to the camera.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hm, I have noticed that accessing this camera via the NVR I don't have as many options to play with the exposure settings. Where if I access the camera directly, I can set manual exposure and up the gain (which I believe I did have in place for that independent picture in my OP)