Image quality

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a 4 mp EXIR camera and the image quality isn't as good as I expected. My non-expert opinion is that it's the jpeg compression. The higher contrast resolution is ok, while the lower contrast areas are pretty blurred. I've fiddled with the settings and nothing makes much difference. For comparison I took a picture with a 3 mp still camera. The high contrast areas are better with the hik camera, and the low contrast areas are much better with the still camera. The hik 4 mp jpeg file is about 0.75 mB, and the still camera 3 mp file size is about 2.0 mB. I've got the "video quality" settings on "highest". Any hints on how to improve the hik picture?

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The experts may chime in, but I just improved the image quality on my 4 MP DS-2CD2042WD-I cameras by setting WDR to 50%, and Contrast to 75. All other settings are at the default values.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm guessing your talking about image quality at night ??? What camera do you have ? Tell us more details

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A security camera will never be as good as image quality as a still camera unless you spend over 500.00 on a security camera. You're comparing apples and oranges