Image Rotation on Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E ?

IPCamDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Quick question. I am trying to install a few Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E cameras and am having a hard time understanding how I can physically mount the units so that I can focus the camera where it needs to be looking.

I am installing on a wall, not a ceiling, and am trying to have the camera look down the same wall-line at the door and am having trouble adjusting the two adjustable axis movements so that the camera can look down the same wall-line that it is installed on. Had no trouble doing this with the Dahua 4300S bullet cameras but this is posing a challenge.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just a physical limitation of these cameras that they cannot be focused in this sort of angle? If so, is there any way in Dahua software to rotate an image 90 degrees CCW? I am able to have the camera look at the area I would like it to see but the only way I have achieved this is by having the camera showing the area 90 degrees offset (the top of the camera is positioned sideways).

Thank you very much!

IPCamDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I found the menu where it can be adjusted in the Dahua web gui but it does not allow rotation to 270 degrees if the image is set to 3 MP, and if I lower the resolution to 1920x1080, it will allow rotation but it is terribly distorted, as if it is being stretched way too wide.

Do I have a bad physical camera that doesn't allow further rotation or is that just part of the limitations of the dome vs the bullet?

Thank you.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe that camera is only 2 axis, meaning you can only move it left/right, and up/down. I'm not sure what you mean that you found in the GUI that you can rotate it?

IPCamDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for replying vector18. I meant in the cameras control panel I was changing it under "Conditions" submenu to rotate the image 270 degrees but it only allows it in 2 MP mode and even then completely distorted the image.

Are there any similar Dahua domes that would allow 3 axis adjustment? Pretty disappointed that these are so much less adjustable than the bullets.

Thank you very much.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would the eyeballs or turrets work for you? Dahua does have vandal domes with 3 axis, but only in the higher MP's range and their not as small as the 4300E

IPCamDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for being so helpful. The model that you linked, would that have more range of motion? Is there a specific specification you're looking for in the product info or is it just based on your experience?

I have no idea about the eyeballs or turrets, in fact not even sure of the differences. I was just trying to get something as close to the picture quality and feature set of the Dahua 4300S bullets but in a vandal resistant form factor.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They don't put that information often in the specs, you just have to know like from reviews and such on my website. But most mini-domes from most manufacturers are 2-axis. Also, all PTZ domes are 2-axis. You can always ask the reseller you are buying from, they should know. You really can't effectively mount a 2-axis dome on a wall because you won't be able to pan it, but you can still tilt the lens.

IPCamDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks networkcameracritic and thank you for your site -- its a great resource.

Yeah, the issue I have is that I am able to look at the area that I want, but for the image to be oriented with the sky being at 12 'o clock, I need to rotate the image 90 degrees counterclockwise (or 270 degrees clockwise). Blue Iris lets me do that but then I can't do direct to disk recording and also the timestamps on the camera are not correctly oriented.

If anyone has a better solution, I'm all ears. I'm happy to swap the camera for another brand or model, if there is 3-axis functionality in movement and I can still get the 3 MP image. Or would a better solution be for me to mount some sort of block or receptacle box on the wall and then mount the camera to that?

Thank you again!

MichoRizo

n3wb
Reaction score
what nvr works well with the HDBW4300E that also support motion detection? current NVR I have will not catch motion from these cameras.