Imou cameras showing TWO ip adresses on my network

Reaction score
Hello

I have several IMOU cameras on my wifi network. according to ONVIF device manager, SPSS and Configtool they do have ONE ip adress, but according to my network scanner I get two IP per camera (same MAC). this only happens with the cameras, no other device in my network is showing this double ip)

both of those ip per camera are feeding RSTP streams (same stream)
rtsp:/admin:xxxxxx@192.168.1.205/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 and rtsp:/admin:xxxxxx@192.168.1.202/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 show same stream in VLC

is this usual? this is making my network managementa a litte crazy, any ideas on how to make the camera show only ONE ip?

BTW they do have two ips even if I reset them to defaults, if I change the IP on SPSS to static, it will change only ONE of the TWO ips.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, in this case the camera is only connected trough WiFi, some of them have only WiFi and still have 2 IP. (Others have WiFi and ethernet, but none is ethernet connected)

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As bigredfish suggested. One is for Ethernet (even if not used) other is WiFi. I've seen this two IP address discovery on other cameras that work on Ethernet or WiFi.

Reaction score
As bigredfish suggested. One is for Ethernet (even if not used) other is WiFi. I've seen this two IP address discovery on other cameras that work on Ethernet or WiFi.
Thanks for the reply.

This is happening even on cameras without ethernet connector (IMOU life) that has only WiFi interface.

Also the spas and config tools show only one IP that can be set as static.
Also on the network scan they show both same MAC, if they were WiFi and ethernet they would have different macs.

I really don't think that's the case, but still, if it were, config tools do not allow me to see both interfaces to set them as static...

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have multiple wifi networks running?
Say 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

This is happening even on cameras without ethernet connector (IMOU life) that has only WiFi interface.

Also the spas and config tools show only one IP that can be set as static.
Also on the network scan they show both same MAC, if they were WiFi and ethernet they would have different macs.

I really don't think that's the case, but still, if it were, config tools do not allow me to see both interfaces to set them as static...
This is common on dahuas/clones...even if the cam is wifi only they are using the same boards as the ethernet cams...
If you search the forum you will find many with the same question...