IMOU CRUISER SE - is this dahua cam compatible with Blue Iris?

BrownChiLD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's said to be ONVIF compliant.
Was able to get it on my network but i can't seem to access its WEB UI
and BI can't seem to resolve it

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don’t have BI, but it should work as ONVIF. Not all Imou cameras allow for accessing the local web GUI. My Cruiser PT is one example. Even though is advertised to include AP, you may not connect to SSID DAP-xxxxx. Since those cameras includes ethernet port (not sure is that is your case), connect to the same network as your pc, then open SmartPSS. Using the ConfigTool, determine the camera assigned ip address. Manually add the camera to SmartPSS (determine the Safety Code by scanning the QR code, as mentioned before, the default port is 37777). The Safety Code could be also listed in the camera label. Go to the device configuration for settings changes

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most any cam with the word "Smart" in it's description do not have a webGUI and most won't work with BI and are cloud-based, However some, like the "Smart" ones from the Dahua-built Amcrest line can stream to BI if FIRST configured with the Amcrest app and created cloud account.

Personally, you couldn't give me one but YMMV.

Before you throw in the towel, have you tried Dahua's Config Tool to find the camera?

BrownChiLD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most any cam with the word "Smart" in it's description do not have a webGUI and most won't work with BI and are cloud-based, However some, like the "Smart" ones from the Dahua-built Amcrest line can stream to BI if FIRST configured with the Amcrest app and created cloud account.

Personally, you couldn't give me one but YMMV.

Before you throw in the towel, have you tried Dahua's Config Tool to find the camera?
Well this camera is supposed to be ONVIF but it's crazy how they make it so difficult to figure out things.

I tried DAHUA's config tool but it's in chinese and i can't seem to figure out how to make it english

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will find in many instances ONVIF doesn't mean much. Even as a standard, there is no "standard" that every manufacturer follows.

In reality, ONVIF is a paid designation, so a camera can set up their protocol however they want, but if they belong to ONVIF, they can slap ONVIF on their stuff. Some manufacturers are better than others at providing a standard that can be used with other devices.