IMOU/Dahua Cell Pro problem

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been running dahua cameras for the better part of 10 years and they have been absolutely rock solid.

So I recommended IMOU to my sister. BAD IDEA. Absolutely no support and if I do get onto someone they speak broken English and have no idea about the products.

She purchased the cell pro wireless system and in all the documents it states it can have up to 2tb of local storage via USB. We have tried both an external hdd and a flash drive but it doesn’t seem to detect either of them. I have formatted in many formats including fat32 but no luck. The external drive is getting power from the port.

Can anyone advise where we should go from here? She is pretty much holding me accountable as I recommend the bloody thing!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have a PDF copy of the actual manual and specifications? Also have you tried to see if the unit is using the latest firmware?

I’d update the system first assuming there’s any new one available. Next, what exactly does tech support say about the external storage?

They must have indicated at least the external media should follow X standard. More specifically you’ll find lots of hardware where it doesn’t support USB 3.X it only supports USB 2 - 2.2 etc.

So if your using a USB 3 drive / thumb drive go find a old one to test. Next, I’m going to assume this device has the ability to format the drive to their spec.

If so, do it both ways via their system and through windows. As a quick reminder use a small 32 GB storage to eliminate the issue is a capacity problem.

Also try a different brand as some hardware are sensitive to the type of controller inside the drive.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
same issue as yours.

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Just found the actual technical specifications of this unit and it does indeed have a USB 2.0 port. In the ideal world it shouldn't have any impact to using a USB 3.X external drive whether it be thumb drive vs HDD / SSD. But, the market is filled with hardware vendors who are none compliant in following the USB standand.

Dahua is probably the king of NOT handling storage media properly! :facepalm:

As noted up above find a low capacity USB 2.X drive and see if you're able to get the device seen, formatted, and than saving video data let us know how it turns out pro / con. :thumb:

Attachments