Imou IPC-F22A ONVIF subscribe to events

draskar

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to subscribe to events from an Imou IPC-F22A camera, which contain information regarding if something is happening i.e. a person walks past?

Found the RTSP stream from the camera on rtsp:/admin:{passwd}@{ip}:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

I'm trying to build an app for recording the stream and saving it to disk, but without being able to subscribe to events. I would mostly be storing an (almost) static image.
Looking for some way to get the information from the camera that a person or similar has walk past, to be able to only save the stream to disk when this occur.

Is there a url to subscribe to?
API to call?
MQTT queue?

Reaction score
I also bought this camera and I'm very stressed by it - documentation is poor, but official docs are advertising it as it is ONVIF compatible. I tried all possibilities of locating at least RTSP stream, but I cannot find it anywhere. This cam only seems to work with official IMOU Life app, whch is not bad, but I really do not want to adapt any cloud services.

I wrote an email to IMOU support - let's wait if they reply.

Reaction score
I used this tool to analyze camera: ONVIF Device Manager

It looks like this is able to get ONVIF events ano other internal data from camera on this URL: http://[IP]/onvif/device_service (logged in as admin with password I set up, not with the default one as someone mentioned in discussions)
1662924785338.png

However, stream URL's proposed by device does not seem to be valid.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you guys ever managed to find out if you can get onvif alerts?