IMOU Rex IPC-A46LP

abdul999

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello have the above camera i guess its from parent brand Dahua,

new to wifi camera, so confused, this works ok, when i connect to same wifi network as the camera (camera connected to Wifi network ABC and phone also connected to same wifi network ABC)

And home broadband, camera connected to wifi example ABC and phone connected to 4g network it is ok.

BUT if i use 5g mobile broadband router, (downlaod speed 100+mbps upload speed usually 50+mbps or some times minimum is 20mbps.) it just loads to 95-98% and then times out and says failes

the camrea keep failing to conenct in imou app, also fails download any videos,

could this be any port or router setting issues or any suggestion to how to fix this? really like the camrea and would prefer not to return it if i can get this to work and then i can have all my camera on one app instead of 5 different camera app on my phone.

I have also tried YI security camera, but unfortunalt not working right . it shows live but does not record to memory card and i really do not want to start paying monthly subscription to differnt camera people

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand the 4g is compatible with 2.4ghz, but not 5g. Imou wifi is only 2.4ghz

abdul999

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand the 4g is compatible with 2.4ghz, but not 5g. Imou wifi is only 2.4ghz
both 4g and 5g mobile signals are received by the router and then the router sends out wifi signals in both 5ghz and also 2.4ghz, the camrea can only accept 2.4ghz so we connect them to 2.4ghz wifi network

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
just for testing, any way you can disable the 5g transmission from your router?

abdul999

n3wb
Reaction score
just for testing, any way you can disable the 5g transmission from your router?
yes i have also tried direct LAN cable connection with wifi fully disabled, also tried multiple 4g and 5g router sadly same problem

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
are the SSID for both 2.4 and 5 the same? If similar, try using a different name