Importing RTSP Stream to Blue Iris

Mr White

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone help me configure my blue iris video source to pull in an RTSP stream? The RTSP stream works perfectly in VLC but I cannot get it to going in blue iris. I've tried various methods and am now officially lost.

I have attached an image of the RTSP Source, a screenshot of it working in VLC with the RTSP path at the top and a shot of my current video configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance :)

rtsp source.JPGblue iris rtsp config.JPGvlc working.JPG

Mr White

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

Yes I tried that and it identifies an open rtsp port is open but doesnt configure the settings to get the stream.

It's an HDMi encoder that is providing the stream.

Mr White

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello again

I managed to get the stream working (kind of) by changing the "model" drop down list to "VLC Compatible RTSP" but the stream is absolutely awful and pretty much unworkable. The video freezes after 2 seconds and then jumps/stutters and freezes again often with a large green box covering the video. Whilst over on VLC everything plays just fine with maybe a 1/4 second delay from the source.

The time on the screen overlay also freezes and jumps. Any ideas on what I can change to best optimise this?

I'll attach a screenshot of my current camera settings.

Thanks again

camera settings page.JPG

Attachments

Mr White

n3wb
Reaction score
What brand and model of HDMI encoder?
The image looks like an older VGA resolution camera...as asked by @looney2ns in post #2, "What camera?"
The encoder is an AVC-2K encoder. The stream I'm running through it is my tablet display via hdmi and on that I'm just playing a YouTube video for testing.

I have dropped the resolution on the encoder to 10fps and 640*480 resolution and different variations just to see if it makes any difference to blue iris which so far is does not.

I think the encoder is working fine as vlc seems.to have no problem what so ever playing the stream. I'm not to fussed about crystal clear resolution and high fps in blue iris, just a fluent stream for motion detection.

Mr White

n3wb
Reaction score
I now have it working well. Its playing at the same frame rate and resolution as vlc with only a 1 second delay...

Thanks again

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I now have it working well. Its playing at the same frame rate and resolution as vlc with only a 1 second delay...

Thanks again
Great!
Now that I've reviewed the encoder manual I see that the specified RTSP port is 8554 as you had it and also understand the origin of the video source .

Mr White

n3wb
Reaction score
Great!
Now that I've reviewed the encoder manual I see that the specified RTSP port is 8554 as you had it and also understand the origin of the video source .
I think i spoke to soon, the video has frozen again with huge jumps after restarting blue iris.. I need to tinker with it and see why blue iris is struggling so much