Imporx brand?

jkajfes

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My PTZ camera arrived this afternoon from China. I ordered it Nov 23rd and got it in about 8 days... I won't be installing it for a few days until I can get some anchors, maybe the Tapcon fastners, not sure as it's only going into vinyl siding and behind that is the original wood siding that was on the house and I need some conduit also. I suppose I should try and see if I can find a stud near where I want to place the camera on the sliding at the front of the house. I'm going to try and keep it much lower than mounting on soffit but out of reach from the porch. I like the mount because once installed if I have an issue it's the kind where you can swing the camera out of the way to get at the wiring connections which can be stored inside. The storage area in the base and part of the arm is large enough that you could put the power supply into there with room to spare.

The camera is a highspeed dome camera, 20x zoom, auto motion or auto tracking, 2mp PTZ IP full HD 1920*1080P...
This is actually my second camera and I'm only a couple weeks old at all of this but I've been reading like crazy in this forum.

I hooked up the camera and ran some rudimentary tests. The first thing it did when I plugged in the 12volt dc supply was to do a self check. It rotates in a complete 360 circle, and the wiper blade does a cycle over the lense.

One of the things I found was that if I tried to use firefox to access the camera it just doesn't work right. It seems to me that you have to use internet explorer which I totally dislike or you're not going to get very far. I found this to be true with my first camera a fi0802W foscam. These suppliers or rather the manufacturers at least some of them haven't got setups working in anything else other than IE.

The information like manuals/software supplied with the camera are not very thorough in some areas.

I could use some advice on trying to decide whether I should try and ulitmately power this camera using a POE or POE+ type connection. They sent me an AC adapter model 09P04B. input: is ac 100-240v - 1.1A output: is DC 12v 0-4A. It has a green LED on it so you know if it's powered up. It kinda seems a little light to me but I don't know much or haven't got a lot of experience yet so I dunno.

The last thing I would want to do is hook up some configuration that fries the unit.

Being a PTZ, with a bunch of LEDs on the front (8), has a cooling or defogging fan, a wiper blade and heater inside I realize that if I want to go POE it's going to be a POE+ situation. I emailed them for a reference to a suitable POE splitter and they gave this reference...
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Power-PoE-Splitter-Power-over-Ethernet-10-100M-1000M-PoE-Splitter-Converts-non-PoE-devices/2011285272.html

I kind don't like the unit they referenced (it's cost mostly) and I would like to ask if could I use something like the unmanaged TP-Link TL SG1008PE 8-port Gigabit switch max output on this unit is 124W.

or the managed ZyXel fanless 8 port 70w PoE+ L2 switch.

These two were give to me by fenderman. There's still a lot learn and I get a bit confused at times. For example would it be better to get a managed over an unmanged switch. I guess that sort of depends on what you got that's already running in the switch department?

The former unmanaged or TP=Link seems it could handle a far bit of power requirements at 124w.

If I can go the route of either does this mean I don't have to use the ac adapter that came with the unit? I would assume so and this may seem pretty basic to a lot of you folks but to me at this point it's not quite clear.

The manual doesn't even talk about this camera as being POE or POE+... they just call it an IP camera and you'd normally power it with the ac adapter they send out with the unit that gives it 12v dc.

There really is a lot to learn and actually I'm having a bit of fun playing around here. I've always wanted some kind of surveillance setup, well for several years now but I stayed away from the analog type of cameras and how they would normally have to be wired up. With the IP cameras and 1080P today I think it's a good time to be messing with them.

I don't know of anyone here who might have even tried a Imporx brand camera but if you have could you share some insight. I don't think the regular guys, or the ones who do a lot of installations would risk working with them on a regular basis for their clients. For me to play around with I think it's going to be ok to learn from.

The menu on these things is amazing... I've spent the last two hours just getting to know the one on this camera...
just realized I never gave a reference for the camera...
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bYx9ua2M

that's the one I got for 393.68... shipping was 96.42 It's pretty confusing as they have all kinds of variations....

sorry to rattle on here but I find this stuff very interesting.
regards
jk

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This camera does not support POE. So none of the POE switches you said will work with the unit.

It might work with a POE splitter like the one the manufacturer told you, but I would not go through that hassle... I think it is better if you carry 220V to the camera, and use the power supply you got with it.

jkajfes

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This camera does not support POE. So none of the POE switches you said will work with the unit.

It might work with a POE splitter like the one the manufacturer told you, but I would not go through that hassle... I think it is better if you carry 220V to the camera, and use the power supply you got with it.
ok thank you

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Please follow up on the post how you like the camera with a video clip with auto tracking in action if you don't mind.

I am looking for an auto tracking PTZ but don't want to spend a grand for one but one you purchased seem to be priced in my budget range.

Thank you
Bill

martinrooy

n3wb
Reaction score
I've purchased one. (MP-HD785-FZ) almost identical.
The camera is great physically and quality wise but severely lacking in the software department.
Autotracking is one thing I cannot get to work. There isn't any list of what the presets do and if they are standard for the industry I'd like to know what they are. There is no list of them in the manual.

The manual has a description of all menu and sub menu items but there actual function is questionable. I cannot get the OSD to work from a browser and it is in Chinese. From their supplied software the OSD is in English but it suffers from poor software in my opinion and it is practically useless.

I'd buy more of these but for the poor firmware in it.