In 39 years, my concealed carry pistol has “gone” off…

Reaction score
Zero times.

My mom, who is a woke liberal tried to defend Alec Baldwin by parroting the MSM talking point that the gun just went off.

I am retired law enforcement, which my mom knows, and my simple response was that above…that I have never had a gun go off in 39 years. She was speechless.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The issue to me here is not whether or not the trigger was pulled but whether Baldwin knew there was live ammunition in the gun or had reason to believe there was. If he didn't, it was an accident.

It seems to me it's the responsibility of the armourer to check the gun is correctly loaded and "safe" before handing it over and the responsibility for ensuring no live ammo is on set falls to whoever had that responsbility. I'm not sure you can blame an actor for firing a gun handed over as safe, if that is what happened.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My usual carry pistol and the one next to the bed and the one in my office...all 3 are loaded, racked with one in the chamber.

Unlike Hollywoke cop shows where they rack the slide when they come up on a perp, mine are ready to go...useless IMO if I have to load it or rack the slide, etc....by the time you do all that you may not need it......you could be dead or the need passed on.

Been doing it this way for probably 45 or 50 years, I dunno....but none have just "went off" on their own.

Reaction score
The issue to me here is not whether or not the trigger was pulled but whether Baldwin knew there was live ammunition in the gun or had reason to believe there was. If he didn't, it was an accident.

It seems to me it's the responsibility of the armourer to check the gun is correctly loaded and "safe" before handing it over and the responsibility for ensuring no live ammo is on set falls to whoever had that responsbility. I'm not sure you can blame an actor for firing a gun handed over as safe, if that is what happened.
First off, he states he did NOT pull the trigger. But there is no way in hell that gun fired without the trigger being pulled. So right there he is trying to absolve himself of blame.

Second, anyone who relegates their personal responsibility for potential deadly conduct to someone else is a fool at best and a POS at worst.

If I am handed a firearm, or I pick up a firearm, the very first thing I do is check to see if it is loaded. Period. No exceptions. Ever.

Absolutely would never point a firearm at a person I did not intend to shoot and pull the trigger. You treat ALL firearms as if they are loaded.

By not checking the firearm and not treating it as loaded, he killed someone. "I did not know the gun was loaded" is NEVER a proper excuse.

Last edited: