In camera setting vs BI settings

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If I set, lets say, a rule tripling, intrusion, etc. Will it trigger every time or is there a way to get it to work with BI? I’d like to pause the camera and not here it going off event though I paused the camera on BI. Thanks

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No worries. I’m horrible about explaining things. If i were to set up an IVS tripwire rule on a Dahua camera. And I have it trigger an alarm or phrase. How can I pause it when need be? In other words, I don’t want it going off all the time when I and or other approved people are present. I have no problem pausing needed cameras in BI from APP and or computer screen. But to pause the in camera settings easily I have not figured out.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You can set up schedules in the camera I believe. Using ONVIF triggers in BI seems a little easier, to me, and I've never fooled with schedules in a camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Going into each camera to turn IVS off or on based on if you have company or not will be a royal pain and something you will simply give up on.

Your best bet would be to create a profile in BI where you turn off all motion alerts being sent to you. If you would prefer to not even have BI register it as an alert in your timeline, then in that profile simply uncheck the Motion Detection and pull digital boxes from the Motion Detection settings in BI.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
As above, just setup the triggers as you normally would and have those passed to BI as external triggers. Then you can control them in the same way that you do everything else. All the camera will do is present the trigger to BI. What happens as a result of that is up to you. i.e., If you don't set up notifications/email/recording/whatever at the cam, then the cam isn't going to send any. It will just send the trigger on to BI and you can control the alerts and all from there using profiles/schedules.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Face recognition, in home useable AI, isn't very consistent or accurate IMHO. It takes some significant processing to analyze at that level.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The OP didn't mention that, he mentioned pausing the video or alerts. I do not think he is looking at Deepstack to perform that function (yet anyway). I think he was simply looking for the manual way to disable it when he has friends and family over.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not using facial recognition just tripwire and intrusion (in camera settings). What I meant about approved people was when everyone shows up to help out set building (haunted attraction). The camera gets annoying telling everyone that they are under surveillance every time they trip them. Even though most are on pause (except front entrance). I haven’t worked with profiles yet. Still have a lot to learn on just adding cameras.

Last edited:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Wait.. is the camera itself announcing an audio message when it detects movement?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh this is the active deterrence camera, that adds another wrinkle.

You can figure out the API to write a command in BI to turn that off or login to each camera and change this. It is backwards, but go to disarming and change it to Enable (that turns it off). Close turns it back on.

Or you can create the schedule here if it is consistent.

1641770467664.png

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry for all the confusion. I hang my head in same. @wittaj I never noticed this option. It blew right past me. I’ll definitely check it out. Thank’s. And I still haven’t had time to setup them recommendations you gave me on setting up a spotter cam. Working toward it though.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh this is the active deterrence camera, that adds another wrinkle.

You can figure out the API to write a command in BI to turn that off or login to each camera and change this. It is backwards, but go to disarming and change it to Enable (that turns it off). Close turns it back on.

Or you can create the schedule here if it is consistent.

View attachment 115026
Yeah. It’s not consistent. We may show up at anytime of day on any given day. I usually pause cameras that we will be moving past during the day (or night) but leaving 3 gate cams on. I can’t remember the camera model numbers. But it has active deterrence. I have 2 of the 4K’s and 2 of the one’s with the strobing led/audio/mic etc. this one IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 3.6mm

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, pausing them in BI will not turn off the active deterrence from the camera itself. These are your options:

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah. I think I’m going to have this same issue with the new Hikvision ColorVu with active deterrent.

I’m going to need an easy way to arm and disarm them, as there will be times I’m at home and will want them armed. Maybe even various levels or arming. So unarmed, just light active deterrent, or light and voice active deterrent based on human recognition.

Initially I’ll be happy to work something out with profiles in BlueIris desktop if possible. But eventually it would be very handy to be able to control arming status via app, or even some kind of physical switch or remote for those less tech savvy in the house.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, pausing them in BI will not turn off the active deterrence from the camera itself. These are your options:

I really like the last suggestion. Only because that’s what i’v been doing