In need of some Help with a Dahua camera

AirB0Ba3

n3wb
Reaction score
yes...
this is little older (last 6 digits are date in YYMMDD format) firmware version, but very well tested by forum members...

Your cam is connected to NVR - so it is hidden after NVR (which works like second router) - so You can't simply connect to it from Your network because it doesn't have any IP address in it (it works in separate ip network)..

NVR offers web redirection - but this is only for camera web interface.

As I described above - firmware update - You can try doit from NVR interface...

What exactly version of firmware You have now on camera?

If the 0% problem will happen regardless of the method used, then firmware is wrong (dahua cams/NVR have protections that block the upload of the wrong firmware) or this is another symptom of problems with the Ethernet port on the camera.
okay I'm going to put it on a thumb drive and try it there
this is the info on the update page:
System Version:3.120.0000000.21.RBuild Date:2023-04-18
BTW when stuck at 0% the camera was working, not hung-up

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
okay I'm going to put it on a thumb drive and try it there
this is the info on the update page:
System Version:3.120.0000000.21.RBuild Date:2023-04-18
BTW when stuck at 0% the camera was working, not hung-up
THUMB drive????
no - You simply upload file using web browser...
when You go to camera list -> update tab (or camera update page), click on browse button and Your web browser should open file dialog where You select *.bin file to upload...

there is no need to use thumb drives...
also camera don't have any port for it...

AirB0Ba3

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you positive you are buying patch cables that are pure copper cable, and not CCA cable.
Are they at least 24awg wire size?
No flat cables or skinny cables in use?
great question, I looked it up and still don't know the answer
  • High Performance Cat6a, 26 AWG, RJ45, Shielded Ethernet Cable provides universal connectivity for LAN network components such as PCs, computer servers, printers, routers, switch boxes, network media players, NAS, VoIP phones, PoE devices, and more
  • Cat6a performance at a Cat 5e price but with higher bandwidth; SSTP/SFTP (Screened Foiled Twisted Pair) shielding can prevent electromagnetic interference (EMI) and reduce crosstalk noise over the Cat 6a Ethernet cable
  • A Category 6a Ethernet patch cable is also referred to as a Cat6a network cable, Cat6a cable, Cat6a Ethernet cable, or Cat 6a data/LAN cable. Future-proof your network for 10-Gigabit Ethernet (backwards compatible with any existing Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet); Meets or exceeds Category 6a performance in compliance with the TIA/EIA 568-C.2 standard
  • The shielded connectors with gold-plated contacts and strain-relief boots provide durability, and ensure a secure connection; Bare copper conductors enhance cable performance and comply with specifications for communications cables
  • Flexible and durable Cat6a cable with high bandwidth of up to 550 MHz guarantees high-speed data transfer for server applications, cloud computing, video surveillance, and online high-definition video streaming

AirB0Ba3

n3wb
Reaction score
THUMB drive????
no - You simply upload file using web browser...
when You go to camera list -> update tab (or camera update page), click on browse button and Your web browser should open file dialog where You select *.bin file to upload...

there is no need to use thumb drives...
also camera don't have any port for it...
sorry when you said I could do it from the NVR inteface I thought you meant the NVR itself, thus thumb drive. Logging into the camera and uploading the bin file is where it stalled @ 0%

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've found the most reliable way to update camera FW on a PoE NVR is to use the NVR web interface

Here
upgradeCameraFWfromNVR.jpg
upgradeCameraFWfromNVR2.jpg

Choose the camera # and check the box
Now use the Browse button to locate the FW you downloaded on your computer
Click "File Update" at bottom.
Wait. Go have a smoke, it can take a bit

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This is part of the reason i wanted to see your camera Reg page (with serial numbers blacked out).
To see what ports they are using and what 10.1.1.x IPs they are using

Its quite possible if the FW doesnt fix it that you have some type of IP conflict going on with the cameras being plugged into various ports and switched around. Ive seen it happen.

Otherwise, Id think the camera is defective

Last edited:

AirB0Ba3

n3wb
Reaction score
I was reluctant to try anything else yesterday because the entire time we were messaging there were no events, scratching my head and wondering if we 'accidentally' fixed it, no. SO this morning I committed to trying the Dahua FW: DH_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V3.140.0000000.21.R.240514.bin using the web interface. I can browse and select the FW file, however, NO file-update button, only a online-update button ( and of course it times out). so, I'm now dying for a smoke :O) anything to do with my using PSS Lite?
regardless the same file times out when trying to upgrade at the camera just stuck at 0%. If what Steve says is true, that is the wrong file? also included in Dauhua's zip is:
firmware-x.squashfs.bin
web-x.squashfs.bin

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You selected correct .bin file...
You can try latest firmware from Dahua website:

I simply copy exact model You give in first post into Dahua download search - so if this correct then firmware should be correct.
is this 180 degree dual lens camera?

Big question:
Did you test camera next to NVR on short new cable on different POE ports as I wrote a few times?

This should answer biggest question - are the problem with cables/plugs/ports or camera itself..

AirB0Ba3

n3wb
Reaction score
You selected correct .bin file...
You can try latest firmware from Dahua website:

I simply copy exact model You give in first post into Dahua download search - so if this correct then firmware should be correct.
is this 180 degree dual lens camera?

Big question:
Did you test camera next to NVR on short new cable on different POE ports as I wrote a few times?

This should answer biggest question - are the problem with cables/plugs/ports or camera itself..
Yes 180 deg dual lens.
I do not have a short cable yet, but did do everything else, moved to an unused port, swapped ports with another camera and tried 3 different new prefab cables, 50, 50 & 100'. I'll get my hands on a little patch cable asap