In Search of Mini PTZ 3x

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So i tried to configure the camera today. I can't connect to it using the default IP address 192.168.0.99. I suspect that the IP address was changed when the seller set it up for me to test it remotely. I am waiting for Melissa to let me know what IP address it might have been changed to. I may try testing with other IP addresses. I checked my DHCP server and there is no new IP leases. So if should still be set to use static IP.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder of the CD. My new V1 3x doesn't come with a CD, but I have one from the first V1 I bought. I ran SADP and it doesn't find any camera. My home network is 192.168.1.x. The default IP for the Mini PTZ is 192.168.0.99. What I usually do is to make of my laptops to use static IP 192.68.0.111 and then I can from my laptop connect to http://192.168.0.99 and then set the camera to use DHCP. It doesn't work this time. That's why I am guessing when they set it up for me to look at the camera remotely they changed the static IP to something else for it to work on their network, but they didn't change it back. :-(

EDIT:
I reinstalled the SADP and it found the camera. It was set to 192.168.0.69. I was able to connect to it. I changed it to use DHCP, it rebooted, and now it seems to be dead. I unplugged it, waited, and plugged the PoE cable back in, and it doesn't do any start dance any more. It just sits there... :-(

EDIT:
Never mind, apparently, once it is on DHCP, if it can't see a DHCP server, it doesn't do the power-on self-test dance. Once it gets a DHCP IP again, it does the dance again.

Last edited by a moderator:

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wanted to bump this to @coco, to see if there was any news on firmware for the X4 but I guess she is in the wind...