Increasing motion detection reliability?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
It must be a good thief to handle this. I think no chance to get through it.
Catherine Zeta Jones could handle it! (Entrapment)
M5F10 tripwire.jpg

I use multiple trip lines, to get multiple push messages to my phone. This tells me it's unlikely to be a false alert.

Your zig-zag line probably results in a longer event. As someone drives or walks down your driveway, the tripwire "start" and "end" time are further apart in time. I've had problems with email alerts. The first email (start event) and third email (event stop) always get to my inbox. The second email, with snapshot, reaches me 50% of the time.

A longer event duration may help w/ letting the NVR squirt out the 2nd email, with snapshot.

Let me know if you have any thoughts/experience/tips.

Fastb

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
M5F10,

I'm not sure if you made progress. Did setting IVS lines in the camera instead of the NVR make a difference?

idea: Use your laptop, connected to your camera using Firefox or IE, and watch "Live" view as you walk up and down your driveway. Plz walk like Zeta Jones. On your laptop, the blue lines should turn to red, (unless you're Zeta Jones). When you break the tripwire, the laptop will flash.

My desription of a working IVS setup is intended to help you troubleshoot....

Fastb

M5F10

n3wb
Reaction score
The ttiplines work for me. I don't need an email message, I use the camera to zoom in to see the object closer. I've problems to use wifi cause my camera's use poe+, so I need the switch of the nvr and the switch is not coupled to the internet, the nvr is coupled.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

DuncanMcDonuts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After reading these latest replies, I finally realized you can log directly into the camera's IP. So I connected my laptop into my NVR through the Ethernet, logged into 10.1.1.65, and finally accessed the camera's IVS settings. I feel so dumb and I am so sorry for wasting everyone's time helping me troubleshoot!

I was able to draw lines, but I need some time to read the manual and play with the settings to get it right. I can't access the camera IP remotely unless I connect my laptop to the NVR. I'd like to do it remotely from my desktop, but I was reading that it involves changing the IP of the camera. Unfortunately, my understanding of networking is really poor, so I'll deal with the inconvenience for now.

Again, thank you all for your help on this forum.

DuncanMcDonuts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Gotcha. So since my NVR supplies the POE, I guess I'll have to connect via my laptop into the NVR. One less thing to try and fix. Thanks.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't feel so dumb. Everyone was a nwebie at some point!
Instead, help the newbies coming behind you. Pay it backward....
Yes, you can configure your cams by surfing in directly, or by configuring them through the NVR. There are pros and cons to those two methods.
Tip: Don't have two browser tabs open simultaneously: One configuring the cam thru the NVR, the other configuring the cam directly.
The changes will overwrite each other.
I fell into this trap. eg "WTF? I changed that setting!" Only to learn the hard way, I was over-writing my own changes!

Fastb

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the same problem and had to connect my laptop to nvr to get Ivs settings for my Ptz. My email won't work with the 10.1.1.65 but if I change it back to the default ip address (192.xxx.xx...) it will through the web ui but then it goes to a slightly different version of the webui where I cannot change the Ptz settings. So I am wondering if after I set my settings up in the 10.1.1.65 and then revert back to 192.xx.xxx) webui basically the nvr ui will the Ptz still keep its tracking settings and will I get my email alerts ? Trying to find a way to do both ?

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know why after we set up are tracking settings on the Ptz in 10.1.1.65 we have to stay there with a dedicated laptop plugged into nvr ? If I log out after setting up my Ptz and try to use my nvr or even 192.168.1.108 (the default IP address for nvr with the laptop so I could get email alerts the Ptz tracking settings will fall off with like 20 seconds?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you cant configure this through the NVR; you have to do it directly on the camera.. its on another network because your using builtin PoE.. that network does not have internet access, so sending emails directly from the cameras wont work.

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok makes sense it finally went through after a few minutes of delay thanks for the help

Has anyone dealt with the buzzer going off with the motion when the buzzer box is unchecked? I can't get the alarm to stop buzzing anytime a motion goes off

M5F10

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct nayr. Some camera's have their own software and can only be programmed in the network of the switch. The nvr is connected via, normally your router, to the internet. The nvr get info from the cameras and give action out over the internet.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know it's somewhere here but can't find it on how to turn off the blue lines after drawing for Ivs

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
In what view?
Browser to NVR?
SmartPSS?
No blue lines on phone app for me (gDMSS)
If Smart PSS, rt click on the image, turn off ICS Rules
Unfortunately, lines return after any ICS Event, for all cam views.
I'd love for a way to change the default of "show lines" in Smart PSS, but I don't think there is a way.
Maybe somebody had a script that periodically is sent to Smart PSS. "Stupid PSS" seems more appropriate in this regard