Incredible Performance With the Intel NUC 12

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My old i7-6700 finally started to crap out after 7 years of running 24/7 so after some research I decided to get the Intel NUC 12 Enthusiast Edition from B&H Photo & Video which has the i7-12700H and threw in 64GB Ram along with a Gen4 NVMe all for around 2K shipped overnight. It's understandably overkill, but I also use it for graphics-intensive video encoding, running several virtual machines, a host of docker apps for seedbox-type activities...etc. I also wanted something a bit "future-proofed" if that even makes sense, Anyways after debating on a video card one of the things that led me to this NUC was the Intel ARC A770M Graphics as I've heard its compatible with an RTX 1060 or 1070 which are ungodly priced right now due to limited stock.

With 16 4K Cameras & SenseAI were looking at about 2.3GB RAM for SenseAI & 3.6GB RAM for BlueIris and CPU usage is about 14-26% (I closed all other programs to try and get as accurate as possible). Turning on some other apps like VirtualBox & Docker and CPU stays under 30%.

Anyways for anyone looking for a small form factor PC, check out the Intel NUCs, could probably get away with a $300 NUC for a 16+ camera setup if you find the right deal.

Attachments