Indeed, lightning does strike twice

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm quite embarrassed to even have to come on here and seek advice again. After rearranging cables today. One of my bird box IP cameras inadvertently got plugged into my NVR. Originally, the IP address was 192.168.1.10. Now the IP address of the camera is 192.168.254.36. I've tried logging into the camera in the NVR, but it doesn't recognise the password. Somebody suggested disconnecting the NVR from the work and then plugging the camera into my router and rebooting the camera. He reckons the router well then reassign a proper IP address to the camera. Is that the case?

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Indeed, lightning does strike twice
Resetting IP address on bird box camera
Problems generating new password
Trying to reset my password
Problems live streaming bird box IP camera
Cannot get IP camera to work
Cannot log into my IP camera
Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Looks like you have had more then one lighting strike.

Is this the same camera with 192.168.1.10 address as the “Resetting IP address on bird box camera thread” ?

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, this was a camera that was working great and was live streaming. Honestly, You couldn't make it up. When it was plugged into the NVR. I tried accessing under virtual host. But it said it couldn't recognise the device. A friend of mine has suggested that I plug it directly into my Smart Hub and hope that the Smart Hub assigns it another IP address. At the moment the cameras running through a POE. The camera doesn't appear to be connected to the Smart Hub. Although I can see the old IP address. I did wonder whether I should bypass the POE switch and connect the camera directly to the Smart Hub using a 12 V supply.

EDIT: the 192.168.1.10 is plugged into the NVR at the moment. I gave up trying to get that back to its proper IP address.

The camera that now is experience problems is 192.168.1.123

Or should I say it was "123" it's now 192.168.254.36

Last edited:

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When its connected to the same router via POE as your computer can you see it with the SADP tool.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When its connected to the same router via POE as your computer can you see it with the SADP tool.
Yes, it is showing.

And the Weird thing is that if I put a password in admin password and then click modify a duplicate IP address appears. So basically I have two showing.

1615295112366.png

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK so the model /type is DS2CD-3T-20D-I3
When connected to the NVR and you access it via virtual host did it open a new log in page. If so what was the error on log in.
The last time you opened its login page was the user and password the same as the NVR now?

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK so the model /type is DS2CD-3T-20D-I3
When connected to the NVR and you access it via virtual host did it open a new log in page. If so what was the error on log in.
The last time you opened its login page was the user and password the same as the NVR now?
Yes, it did bring up a log in page. One would assume that it would use the same login details of all the other cameras. However, it just says device not detected when I enter in the login details.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Based on your screenshot it looks like two different cameras (different firmware version numbers listed) this is happening to.

Another possibility is that you've left UPnP enabled in your router, and therefore your cameras are getting hacked and the hacker is changing their address, username, password.

So:
1. Find UPnP in your router and turn it off.
2. Disable any port forwarding you have done in your router for your cameras or NVR.
3. Reboot your router.
4. It appears that your cameras shown are running firmwares that are vulnerable to a backdoor exploit that will allow you to reset the passwords without having to go through Hikvision support. You will however need to temporarily assign your PC an IP address in the 192.168.254.x range in order to use this tool on those cameras: bp2008/HikPasswordHelper

If you need remote access over the internet, you need to set up a VPN server in your router or on another computer in your house. Even a raspberry pi can do this. Connect to the VPN server whenever you want to remotely access your cameras, and it will give you access to your LAN as if you were at home.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, I have switched off UPnP
I have removed port forwarding for my camera
I have restarted my router.

However, I'm not altogether sure how I temporarily assigned my PC with an IP address. When I look in ONVIF device manager I can now see its listing and IP camera. However, there's no video or image, or any information showing.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that when I run a program that enables you to watch IP cameras and web cams. It is now finding a device. However, that device obviously has the wrong IP address and it won't work. So I'm hoping is just a case of changing the IP address and then we will be there.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to let you know that I have sorted my problem. A friend of mine connected to my computer remotely, and I now have my bird box camera back on the correct IP address.

However, I just discovered that the company I was using to live stream my camera have changed their format and are not able to connect my camera now. The company is called Angel cam. Anybody familiar with this company? On another note, does anyone know of any other live streaming service that will allow me to live stream my bird box IP camera?