Individual camera schedule

edstrong

n3wb
Reaction score
I've searched for a solution here but no success:

I have one camera that needs to have its own set up at night. I've created a profile for it and also its own schedule with the 'override global schedule for this camera' box ticked but when it gets to the time to change to that schedule nothing happens: all the cameras continue on the global schedule including the one that I want to run under its own schedule/profile. Can't work out how to sort this out so help appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Post a screen shot of the cameras schedule.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so it looks like you have green profile 1, set to 6am to about 3-4pm then it goes to the red profile...what changes did you make between the profiles and are your certain they are not talking effect?
Note, that this camera that is using a different profile than the rest, there will be a small box on the top left of the camera image indicating the profile number and color for this camera.

edstrong

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah, I think I've solved it. BI is powerful but complicated! I assumed the camera's 'override global schedule for this camera' meant that it would keep its setting even if different profiles were selected at the top of the main window. I was wrong! Have solved my requirements by selecting a day and a night schedule for all my cameras but also manually disabling one camera when I need to. Thanks for the rapid responses though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, because the override is only for the schedule (based on time of day) and does not work when you manually change the profile..