Indoor station live view failed ??

johnm40

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Could someone help me please with viewing my camera on the Hikvision indoorstation.
I have 3 colorvu cameras DS 2CD2387G2-LU V5.7.13 Build230706 but only 2 are showing live on the monitor. Configuration on the monitor for the cameras are the same with the exception of channel 1,2,3
On the NVR, configuration for the 3 cameras are the same, so theoretically camera 3 should work the same but doesn't.
The error message that shows on the monitor is "Live view failed. Encoding type is not supported" I thought this might be the H.265 setting but the other 2 cameras work okay set at this.
I've tried changing the setting for cam 3 to H.264 but still get the error message.
Where am I going wrong?

Attachments

Johnny40

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.
Camera 3 is now viewable on the indoor station/monitor after changing to 'substream/h.264'.
As substream is of lower resolution, 720p, is the NVR recording substream? or is that just a secondary setting for bandwidth viewing purposes only? My cameras are 8mp.
Still puzzled to why the other 2 cameras are viewable on the monitor at Mainstream/h.265? Is it down to overall bandwidth to the monitor?
Thank you.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You did not change TO substream, camera supports both substream and mainstream in same time. Probably on first 2 cams substream was set to h264 already and 3rd was not.

But indoor station display resolution is not even 720p , and projecting 8MP in mainstream(even if it was possible) would cause snow/grain effect.

Your NVR is recording in mainstream by default. (as stated in first sentence)

Johnny40

n3wb
Reaction score
That's great thanks. The nvr stream settings (video/audio) shows the 3 cameras are set to mainstream H.265 but the actual camera configuration, just for cam 3 is set at substream h.264. All working correctly now so that's the main thing. Things went slightly disarray when I updated firmware on all devices. A learning curve for a novice:)
Thank you for your support.