Indoor Wifi Camera Recomendation

upstech76

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have several Dahua camera outside my home and a couple indoors. I'm looking to add a Wifi based camera that can be moved around my home for keeping tabs on my dogs when away. For this reason, I'm not as concerned with video quality or night vision. Looking for something that will work with BlueIris and only require power and a wifi signal. Any recommendations?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you consider the Dahua-built Amcrest IP2M-841W-V3 . It's an indoor cam.

The version 3 provides AI/auto tracking of moving objects. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50 !

I've installed 4 of the similar non-V3 versions and 3 of it's lower-res (720p) cousins in the last 3 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

upstech76

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I suggest you consider the Dahua-builtAmcrest IP2M-841W-V3 . It's an indoor cam.

The version 3 provides AI/auto tracking of moving objects. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50 !

I've installed 4 of the similar non-V3 versions and 3 of it's lower-res (720p) cousins in the last 3 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered one this morning from Amazon. For $50 looks like the perfect option.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got one of these a year ago for a similar purpose and it's working great and the pan speed is quite fast.