Infected Dahua camera?

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cheap Chinese DH-IPC-HFW4300R-Z which seems to be working, however when I try to log into the camera the browser login form immediately deletes my attempts to enter name/password into the fields.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Try a hard factory reset. And hope that this behavior is not cooked in in the firmware.

So find a "trustworthy" source of a "decent" original dahua firmware, flash this on your "cheap chinese camera". There are two possible outcomes: either the devices starts working as a charm, either the device stops working completely. The distribution of probability is 0.01% versus 99,99%. BUT there is good news too: if this device gets killed-in-action, you will thank us later because this device can NEVER be trusted, so do NOT connect it to your network EVER again. Deleting your name/password is one thing, but it might be grabbing all your surfing habits, bank passwords, fridge keycodes and much more, and transfer these data to hackerds all over the world - or it might be part of a large botnet to infect Trump with Corona!

Up to you, better be safe than sorry, but if you pay peanuts, you'll get ... donkeys!

Happy Camming!
CC

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, the camera is isolated on one of my camera subnets. I wish these cameras were less mysterious and more like Raspberry-Pi's.

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use Internet explorer and it should work. I have never seen this posted before. My guess is the browser you used is incompatible with dahua.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Try another browser. I've had the same issue before.
I have seen that quite a few times on some of the older cams, Clear your cookies from IE, re boot the computer and cam, should be ok, sometimes those plugins do not load correct. If Not find your plugin folder "Webrec" under one of the program files and delete it.