information about camera models

G. Belli

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I found 2 Dahua 2MP cam models for under $50 locally, but cannot find much information about them. The model numbers are:

ipc-hdw1230t1n-s4
ipc-hdpw1230r1n-s4

According to the datasheet they have 1/2.7" sensors. Has anyone here any experience with these models, are they any good or would I be wasting $50?

Thanks.

matchewready

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No experience with that model but the specs are not great, you will get what you pay for with ip cameras. It all depends on what your expectations are.

This Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW is a good "budget priced" camera. Good daytime performance, night vision while not excellent is not to bad for the price point. From there camera prices increase and so does the performance.

After looking closer at those specs their really not that bad especially if your getting them both for $50.00 again it depends on your expectations and budget. I wouldn't build a system around them but if your replacing some older crap cams I'm sure they would look better.

Last edited:

G. Belli

n3wb
Reaction score
No experience with that model but the specs are not great, you will get what you pay for with ip cameras. It all depends on what your expectations are.

This Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW is a good "budget priced" camera. Good daytime performance, night vision while not excellent is not to bad for the price point. From there camera prices increase and so does the performance.

After looking closer at those specs their really not that bad especially if your getting them both for $50.00 again it depends on your expectations and budget. I wouldn't build a system around them but if your replacing some older crap cams I'm sure they would look better.
Thanks for that info, I'll look into that Amcrest model.

I have some Hikvision DS-2CD21x5FWD in my house and they work ok for my use.

The ones from my previous post are intended to replace some crappy no-name analog cameras in a warehouse, low light performance is not important in that case.