Infrared light issue

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have two WGCC PTZ tracking cams that have been great going on 4 years. Last month I noticed I didn't see the obvious four red lights on one of the camera faces at night. Everything else works though. Has anyone serviced or replaced the IR lights? Mine is out of warranty. Any thoughts? Thanks, Jim

Reaction score
Actually I simply use the presets to make changes. That's a good suggestion. From reviewing the video on the NVR, it simply simply stopped working. I'll try logging directly into the ipcam. Thanks, Jim

Reaction score
I disconnected from NVR, plugged into a smart switch, changed the ip address and subnet mask and gateway with SAPD so I could access the webGUI from my laptop. Everything seems right. I changed a few things to make the IR lights to go on but no luck. I can change from day to night mode with no issue, I just cannot make the lights go on. Jim

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some cameras that have 4 LED are 2 for near and 2 for long, and the 2 for long do not kick on until the zoom is a certain amount, so make sure when you were looking at it that it was in a state such that all 4 should be on.

Reaction score
I took the WGCC down and put small ipcam in its place. Tomorrow I'll start taking the WGCC apart. By the way, I posted earlier about building wooden mounts. Nearly 4 years and the mounts are still sturdy and don't require paint.