Infrequent and irregular short stutter

Blake13

n3wb
Reaction score
About once every 10 seconds, but seemingly at random, the video will stutter and audio will momentarily skip, but not necessarily at the same time. This is in both live view and recorded. Hardware acceleration on or off does not change symptom. Antivirus is set up as suggested by this site. Currently 3 cameras with 6 or 10 FPS frame-rate, using H264. Direct to Disk recording. CPU usage 9%. Direct feed from cameras are good, no stutter, and video is slightly smoother. Cameras are Dahua rebranded purchased from this site's vendor.

At first, I was using the most recent Intel driver that was automatically installed. I installed the known good driver linked from this site and it seemed to slightly improve the problem. That as been the only thing I have been able to change to affect this problem either way. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Blake

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is your CPU and Memory.

Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)
1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network, GPU, GPU engine columns
2) windows task manager performance, GPU (if you have multiple GPUs, then multiple screen shots)
3) Blue Iris Setting about tab (black out your license key)
4) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph, upper left corner) clip storage tab
5) blue Iris status cameras tab

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What about logging into the camera on its own and viewing the live feed right from its GUI? Does it still stutter then or is this a BI only thing?

Blake13

n3wb
Reaction score
What about logging into the camera on its own and viewing the live feed right from its GUI? Does it still stutter then or is this a BI only thing?
It does not stutter and is smooth when viewed from the camera live feed GUI

Last edited:

Blake13

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, I take that back. While viewing the direct feed, the video does stutter but I think it is improved, so I jumped my last conclusion prematurely. The problem is erratic and I didnt realize the video was still skipping until I increased the frame-rate during the test, so that I had a better shot at catching the stutter. Sorry for the mistake in reporting.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When looking at it from the camera directly or from the live in BI, it is two completely different streams and different formats. All that proves is that the camera can keep up, with the live format for the browser.

Are you using sub streams from the camera ?
What is the make and model of the camera ?
Does the camera feed run through the router ?
Are you using a virus scanner on the BI folders ?

A shot in the dark increase the network receive buffer size to 10GB. Camera properties > Video > configure

Blake13

n3wb
Reaction score
When looking at it from the camera directly or from the live in BI, it is two completely different streams and different formats. All that proves is that the camera can keep up, with the live format for the browser.

Are you using sub streams from the camera ?
What is the make and model of the camera ?
Does the camera feed run through the router ?
Are you using a virus scanner on the BI folders ?

A shot in the dark increase the network receive buffer size to 10GB. Camera properties > Video > configure
I was not using sub-streams, but since you're question I have set one up on one of my cameras for testing. This did not change the problem as far as I could tell. However, it is a great feature I didnt know about and will use especially in the future as I add cameras.

IPC-T2431T-AS , IPC-T2231T-ZS
Camera feed does not run through router, they are on the same switch as BI computer.
Virus Scanner is configured to ignore everything BI as per this site's wiki.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
?
do your cameras have sd cards?
if so, plug it into your pc and view with VLC or M.P.C. and see if it stutters on playback, and maybe without B.I. running in the back ground.

Blake13

n3wb
Reaction score
?
do your cameras have sd cards?
if so, plug it into your pc and view with VLC or M.P.C. and see if it stutters on playback, and maybe without B.I. running in the back ground.
I do not have sd cards for the cameras. I'll get one for a camera and try this at some point. What is VLC or MPC? Is it the format that is output by the camera to sd internal memory?

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
sorry, to come back late.
vlc = media software, mpc= media software-a little older but still works great, they are both free and can read bvr. files
sd card - sandisk extreme or the durable models, others have posted the preferred cards to use.