Input on a odd nvr/car cam use

Bigasspimp

n3wb
Reaction score
Group

I am asking input on a very odd situation. I am VERY new to the BI world as a whole but seems to be a world of resource here so I thought I would throw this out.

One of my other side passions is the conversion of a school bus to a rv/tailgate wagon. I have a 2001 Am Tran rear engine school bus that is 40 foot long. I was going to originally going to use a cheaper analog system for camera views on the sides and rear of the bus as well as the interior just to catch funny things. Last year I bought a reolink 4 camera nvr system that I was going to install at the house but after further research I am not going to go that way so I thought I might use that reo system on my bus.

I am not trying to capture life in full detail but I am going to be using it more for a back up camera..... side view camera so I can make sure the way is clear to navigate that tub. As well as a few camera to catch people doing funny things that we can laugh at later.

My question is I think in the day time it will be fine and will do all I request of it. At night I am just kind of concerned how head lights will be flashing in it and making the camera adjust to that lighting and not give the clearest view. I know its constantly adjusting and doesnt have to picture perfect but would like your input and strategies on how to get the best out of it. Yes I know its a Reolink system and reolink nvr but Im sure it has to decent adjustability

Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Group

I am asking input on a very odd situation. I am VERY new to the BI world as a whole but seems to be a world of resource here so I thought I would throw this out.

One of my other side passions is the conversion of a school bus to a rv/tailgate wagon. I have a 2001 Am Tran rear engine school bus that is 40 foot long. I was going to originally going to use a cheaper analog system for camera views on the sides and rear of the bus as well as the interior just to catch funny things. Last year I bought a reolink 4 camera nvr system that I was going to install at the house but after further research I am not going to go that way so I thought I might use that reo system on my bus.

I am not trying to capture life in full detail but I am going to be using it more for a back up camera..... side view camera so I can make sure the way is clear to navigate that tub. As well as a few camera to catch people doing funny things that we can laugh at later.

My question is I think in the day time it will be fine and will do all I request of it. At night I am just kind of concerned how head lights will be flashing in it and making the camera adjust to that lighting and not give the clearest view. I know its constantly adjusting and doesnt have to picture perfect but would like your input and strategies on how to get the best out of it. Yes I know its a Reolink system and reolink nvr but Im sure it has to decent adjustability

Thanks in advance
The slight delay of ip makes it unusable as a backup cam.

Bigasspimp

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no delay a one second delay in a back up cam Would result in thousands of accidents

Guess Ill have to test that out and see if that is true in this case. All I am using this for is to not get close to things. I can manuver that thing very well with no camera but just trying to make sure we can get a better view

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Guess Ill have to test that out and see if that is true in this case. All I am using this for is to not get close to things. I can manuver that thing very well with no camera but just trying to make sure we can get a better view
Not having a view and getting a False image are very different.