Installation advice - Remote site, PoE long run + hardware.

jam_rs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

My dad helps manage a fishing society and wants a CCTV install. I've done a few installs for myself and at my dads house, so familiar with all the networking / POE etc, but after some advice for this one as not the typical install.

Map attached for reference,

The main road is an dual carriage overpass, so you need to imagine its not there as full access underneath.

We're looking at using a 4K HIK PoE system, but of course can't run the cables that long on there own, cam 3 would be around 100m, cam 4 200m ish, and 5 if fitted would be a big run!
Power can be run to anywhere on site.

I have been looking at units like these for the distance situation ( POE IP Over Coax ) - has any one used something like this? Or would i be better off installing some switches along the way?

Ps. if anyone else can recommend a NVR / Cameras to use, please do :)
- must have line crossing / intrusion detection / alarm input and decent app to go with it.

Thanks all!

Attachments

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello, If you can trench the wire in, then use some direct burial cat6e gel filled and the following equipment, (you can go up to 800 meters Max. with Epoe technology over cat6e/cat5e).

Edit: posted wrong camera from the store. seems to be the wrong camera match with the picture..?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could also use solar power and point to point wifi for longer distance runs.

Another option to consider is a PTZ with decent zoom and possibly auto tracking.