Installation help

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There isn't really a form for installation so I'll give it a shot here. I need to run 16 camera wires through my attic. My plan is the following:

- place NVR in front closet close to attic entry
- run wiring to 16 cameras through attic to the closet NVR.
- run 1 network cord from NVR to router

My questions are as follows:

- what is the best way to run wiring from attic to outside just under eaves? The space gets really small and running just from attic will come out too high (camera won't be able to see anything). I'm thinking somehow to run it down the outside wall a few inches from attic, then out? I'm
- for the garage cams I plan on running the wiring from attic through the garage ceiling and then through the outside wall. Will PVC pipe work if I seal it in place in the holes and then mount the cams over that?
- any ideas how to secure the NVR so you can't move it easily?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have a tile roof it is easy to remove a few tiles to give you access to the top plate from the outside. Drill through the top plate and run your cable down the wall cavity. Drill through the wall into the cavity. Mount your junction box and mount your camera to that.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have a soffit that runs around the house?

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I drill holes in the eves. Then I use fishing rods and poke three or four of them into the attic so the reach a comfortable spot to get to. Go back in the attic and tape the cables to the fish rods. Then I pull the fish rods out with the cable from outside. No squeezing into tight attic spaces.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Harbor freight sells fiberglass fish rod kits also if money is an issue.