Installed license and it still says eval

sjones0812

n3wb
Reaction score
I just did an upgrade and it says eval on my cams.

I deactivated and then put my license back in.... it clears until I restart the app....then eval across everything comes back.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you purchase the license more than a year ago and haven't renewed? If so that is why - you are able to install up to the latest update within that year, but any updates after will switch to eval.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Blue Iris offers free upgrades for one year after purchase. Beyond that you need a $30 subscription to get updates.

This is a common issue that arises on here, where folks don't understand the upgrade policies of BI. Pay your $30 subscription and you are good to go!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris offers free upgrades for one year after purchase. Beyond that you need a $30 subscription to get updates.

This is a common issue that arises on here, where folks don't understand the upgrade policies of BI. Pay your $30 subscription and you are good to go!
To clarify, you dont need the 30 dollar renewing subscription. You can pay a one time 35 dollar fee for another year of updates.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As others have said, you can do any updates up to the expiration date on your order (1 year). After that expiration date, you can remain on latest version available to you and it will continue to work.

BI has always said that but it wasn't until around May 2020 or so that they started to enforce it.

I wouldn't call it a subscription because you can choose to not pay the $30 and stay on the latest version available to you (based on when your one year is up) or pay the $30 and get updates as they happen for the next year. Many people here are still running version 4 with no trouble and haven't paid in years other than the original purchase.

From the help file (page 216):

A license includes basic support and maintenance which means access to email software support and same-version updates for one year from first activation.

BTW most here do not run the latest version. Once we find a stable version, we stay on it until something is added in an update that makes it worth someone's time to upgrade.

I was on an older BI5 version until the substreams option was introduced - that was a game changer so I updated to that update. Then I sat on that update version until DeepStack came out.

You can find the latest update available to you by pulling up your BI status page and seeing what the date is and then pull the update up to that date from here:

(1) Blue Iris Updates (64 bit) - History | IP Cam Talk

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BTW most here do not run the latest version. Once we find a stable version, we stay on it until something is added in an update that makes it worth someone's time to upgrade.
And some of us just update to the bleeding edge version and bleed some, then fall back to one that works for a little while, and repeat. :banghead::banghead::banghead: