Installer price

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Installers and consumers

What does the installer charge for a 1.3 or 2mp camera in your area? I charge around $300 and up How about nvr and dvrs along with analogs.

Our local place charges nearly $500 for an icrealtime analog camera

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Kind of the same here for me. I've been getting 300-350 per camera and 600 for the nvr with a 3tb.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Kind of the same here for me. I've been getting 300-350 per camera and 600 for the nvr with a 3tb.
I don't really have a set price on my nvr yet, which nvr are you selling? I am thinking of selling the ION but I don't want to mark it up too much since it goes for $89 to anyone online.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been using the Dahua 5216 regardless of how many cameras I install. I get it so cheap from China, I order 5 at a time. And, my customers appreciate the spare channels for future add ons. I also make sure to let them know I am spending alot more money on a 16 channel NVR just for them. I tell them that they are the only ones I did this for, lol ! It makes them feel
good and it makes me look good. For hard drives, I've been using the WD red series and always 3TB. I'm sure anyone can just online and find images of the cameras and NVR and figure
out prices. Even if they do, and complain about price, I just say, but in a nice way, than you should have just purchased the cameras and crawled through your attic, climbed up on the extension ladder, snaked through your walls, programmed your router, etc, all by yourself?

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Vector18

You are a man after my own heart. I've lost count of the times I've gone to bid for a job only to have them haggle and attempt to crunch down to a lower price. I now refuse to do work for certain races as the effort involved to bid for a job and lose out to some hack lowballing you is not worth my time.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Vector if you want could you pm me the place you get.your. Camera and nvrs from in china