Installing a lens filter on turret?

fstop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a lens filter on the outside (or inside) of a Dahua turret cam? I'll like to attached a polarizing filter to cut some strong glare at one of my locations. I have 77mm ring filters from my DSLR I could use. I suppose gluing on a 77mm adapter to the turret is an option that would allow easy install/de-install of a filter, but I'd prefer something less permanent.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
fixed or variable zoom turret ?
if fixed , u can cut/paste a filter at the base of the lens.
have another spare lens with no filter handy, swap lens if required.

if variable zoom, then no choice have to stick it on the glass.

1622607028070.png

fstop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's a fixed lens. What kind of glue do you use? I was thinking hot glue so it could be popped off without too much trouble when needed. I could bond at the ring edge but risk touching the filter itself. Are you aware if Dahua windows have a coating on outside surface?

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
any glue will do.. i just use watever i can find.. i think it is the supa glue, just be careful not to use too much or smear /mess it up. I think dahua glass has no coating but i am not sure .. i am not the expert.

else u can try this.. but i dont know if it will fit the lens.

1622607792749.png

fstop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I actually have that filter/holder for my VIOFO dash cam. The polarized filter works pretty well there.

That looks like an IR filter in your pic. How do IR-pass filters improve the image?