Insurance proof

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great capture!

You have probably heard this before, but do keep in mind putting a PTZ on constant patrol like that will result in early failure; plus the camera will end up looking the wrong way when a perp is needed to be captured. Further many PTZs are set up to stop moving after so many cycles. There was a post just last week where someone was hitting that limit after less than two years.

Reaction score
I've had few issues with my wired PTZs. I've found I need to restart a couple maybe weekly. I lost IR ability on another one. As a quick fix, I installed a bank of IR lights to light up the yard. I lost communication ability on another. That one continues to patrol. I took it down and have to find out what failed. My Hikvision NVR uses wires 4&5 verified with a network analyzer. The cam tries to light 4&5 up but not as bright. So far, no perps can avoid the other red IR eyes on them in the same view. The camera in the video is a tracking cam. It pauses between movement and tracks if necessary. Then the patrol resumes. Thanks for sharing your suggestions. I don't visit this website often. Jim