Integrating Alarm Panel with NVR

Moura

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the group and to the alarm/surveillance world.
I am planning a system for my house but want to have IP cameras working together with infrared barriers, door sensors and PIR/MW sensors. It's a relatively large house so want to have zones with different settings and want it to send SMS/phone calls in the event of an intrusion
After some research, I have the impression that I need both an Alarm Panel and an NVR. Some NVRs seem to have Alarm Inputs, but not the same level of control and sophistication of the dedicated Alarm Panels.
My questions:
  • is there an integrated NVR+Alarm Panel solution available on the same device?
  • if I need to use 2 different devices in an integrated way, do I need to connect the Alarm outputs from the Alarm Panel to the Alarm inputs in the NVR, or, is there a way to have them talk to each directly through the IP network?
  • If I integrate the 2 (regardless of how), can I do things like having the NVR check if there was an human body on the scene when the IR barrier was activated (eg, to avoid cats triggering it)?

Any help here will be very welcome.

best regards

Moura

Tom S

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A well done house alarm should have minimal false alarms and provide you with good protection for the interior from intruders. There are some really nice products these days that let you self monitor an alarm system and notify you if there is a trip all from your phone working off a professional grade alarm panel. I would want my camera system operating more independently in a residential situation always recording and have that be a secondary means of notification.