Integrating alarm with Phillips Hue - Genuine Reason

Bash82

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Now I know it's often best to have your home alarm system as a standalone system and not to integrate however my wife is hard of hearing and cannot hear alarms when they go off due to their pitch. My idea is that I could integrate with Hue so that the lights would flash or something should the alarm be triggered.

I've been speaking to an installer that I'm hoping to use and he supplies the Pyronix Enforcer range, has anyone successfully integrated this with something like Home Assistant an on to Hue?

Thanks,

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry no idea bout your specific Q.

could you hardwire something to the panel as separate trigger? I have considered this with a dog barking simulator.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Talk to your alarm installer. There is likely a spare relay on the main motherboard that could turn on/off an indicator light, the light could be strobes.
Another option is for the internal siren to be a horn, that is a lower pitch.

If you want a really over the top security measure.... There exists fog machines that fill the room with fog (until you cannot see) when the alarm goes off and then strobes. But that is a little to much for what you want :rofl:.