integration of intercom and nvr

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I have 7 cameras connected to a nvr 4208-8p-4ks2 and soon i will install a dahua intercom system (3 vth1550ch+vtns1060+vto2000a). I was wondering if i can integrate the 2 system, in particular if it's possible to have the 7 cameras in the vth's.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I have 7 cameras connected to a nvr 4208-8p-4ks2 and soon i will install a dahua intercom system (3 vth1550ch+vtns1060+vto2000a). I was wondering if i can integrate the 2 system, in particular if it's possible to have the 7 cameras in the vth's.
This depends on which firmware is loaded into your VTH. Mine is still stuck on a 3.2000 variant which has a bug in the password entry field (cannot be larger than 8bit), which means that if your IPC/NVR has a complex password (which it should have!), you cannot connect. There is a new firmware flying around (4.0000), but I didn't have the time yet to update my VTH. That firmware fixed that password bug. More information can be found here: [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit

Hope this helps!
CC

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This depends on which firmware is loaded into your VTH. Mine is still stuck on a 3.2000 variant which has a bug in the password entry field (cannot be larger than 8bit), which means that if your IPC/NVR has a complex password (which it should have!), you cannot connect. There is a new firmware flying around (4.0000), but I didn't have the time yet to update my VTH. That firmware fixed that password bug. More information can be found here: [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit

Hope this helps!
CC
Sorry but I didn't undestand the password problem. Beside this, how should i phisically connect the intercom to nvr? ethernet cable from vtns to one of the 8 ports of the nvr?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry but I didn't undestand the password problem. Beside this, how should i phisically connect the intercom to nvr? ethernet cable from vtns to one of the 8 ports of the nvr?
Password problem: on the VTH touchscreen, you press the cam icon, and you have to option to configure IPC/NVR connection parameters, like IP, user/pass. That password field is bugged, you can enter up to 5 characters, then it truncates everything after entry. So if you have a 6chars+ password, the VTH can never connect to your IPC/NVR, unless you flash the latest firmware.

Physically connection is indeed a good question, but depends on your current network setup. How I did it: you have the POE plugs for VTO and VTH at the bottom, you have the OUT towards your current internet switch/router. As long as your NVR/IPCs are in the same network as where that OUT is going to, it is conectable. It may work to plug the NVR underneath the POE plug, but I wouldn't advice to do that. Make sure the VTH/VTO are carrying the same subnet as your NVR, if not, make sure you have a routing device in between.

Hope this helps!
CC

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Password: Probably i'm saying a stupid thing... If i change the nvr password and put a 5 characters one isn't a solution?
Connection: my nvr is connected to a router where i'm going to connect the vtns (which is connected to 3 vth and 1 vto) so they will be in the same network, is it correct?

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"Make sure the VTH/VTO are carrying the same subnet as your NVR, if not, make sure you have a routing device in between."
Does this means i have to connect the vtns and the nvr to a switch and then this one to the modem/router or as an alternative to set the same subnet in the nvr , in the vth and in the vto?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Password: Probably i'm saying a stupid thing... If i change the nvr password and put a 5 characters one isn't a solution?
That was exactly my way of thinking too, but if you are on the latest NVR firmware (eg 201803) it does not allow an easy (eg less than 6 chars) password :)

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
"Make sure the VTH/VTO are carrying the same subnet as your NVR, if not, make sure you have a routing device in between."
Does this means i have to connect the vtns and the nvr to a switch and then this one to the modem/router or as an alternative to set the same subnet in the nvr , in the vth and in the vto?
Either you put the VTH/VTO in the same IP range as your NVR, or the NVR in the same IP range as the VTH/VTO. However do not loose the complete overview of your network: if you want the VTH/VTO to be connected to the internet (for outbound push notifications on your mobile when someone is ringing at your door for example), the VTH/VTO requires to be connected to your router (by having the VTNS switch connected to your router, or passing through additional network switches, that doesn't matter). But for that to happen, the VTH/VTO has to be already in the IP range of your router, otherwise that will not work at all. And I suspect that your NVR might have the same push notifications enabled (eg on IVS triggers), then your NVR is already connected to your router (in the same IP range). So I do not see an issue of IP addresses in one way to VTH/VTO or to the NVR. Except if you wanted to run the VTH/VTO/VTNS in a "standalone" configuration, not connected to any network at all, but then you can forget hooking it up to your NVR or even looking at the cams with your mobile (at home or through VPN when being outside your home).

Hope this helps!
CC

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many thanks, you're always very kind and accurate!
Either you put the VTH/VTO in the same IP range as your NVR, or the NVR in the same IP range as the VTH/VTO. However do not loose the complete overview of your network: if you want the VTH/VTO to be connected to the internet (for outbound push notifications on your mobile when someone is ringing at your door for example), the VTH/VTO requires to be connected to your router (by having the VTNS switch connected to your router, or passing through additional network switches, that doesn't matter). But for that to happen, the VTH/VTO has to be already in the IP range of your router, otherwise that will not work at all. And I suspect that your NVR might have the same push notifications enabled (eg on IVS triggers), then your NVR is already connected to your router (in the same IP range). So I do not see an issue of IP addresses in one way to VTH/VTO or to the NVR. Except if you wanted to run the VTH/VTO/VTNS in a "standalone" configuration, not connected to any network at all, but then you can forget hooking it up to your NVR or even looking at the cams with your mobile (at home or through VPN when being outside your home).

Hope this helps!
CC