Interesting, Andy has Custom Firmware for Dahua cameras now?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Just initialized a new camera,

1630770754413.png

No identifiers are shown, this is interesting @EMPIRETECANDY

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I just updated the firmware and just found out :rofl: Rebooted camera, loaded factory defaults, camera information restored, thanks :D

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
By the way, if I want to clean inside the camera, what do you recommend I should I use on the lens and cover (inside and outside the housing)?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd suggest the cleaner used for eye glasses or just distilled water. If the outside cover is plastic make sure there are no petroleum distillates in whatever you use that can attack the plastic.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. is there anything wrong with using 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes?

I'd suggest the cleaner used for eye glasses or just distilled water. If the outside cover is plastic make sure there are no petroleum distillates in whatever you use that can attack the plastic.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I know they'll work for glass, use it all the time on glass, but I'd be cautious using it on plastic. Safer to use a mild detergent, Dawn, in water on the plastics.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the lens glass or plastic? The face of the camera feels like glass and the actual lens inside feels like plastic

I know they'll work for glass, use it all the time on glass, but I'd be cautious using it on plastic. Safer to use a mild detergent, Dawn, in water on the plastics.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've found the lenses are usually glass and the outside cover is plastic. YMMV and every camera can be different I guess.