Intermittent Dropped LAN (wired) connection 2CD2432FF-IW

phast

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
NEW to Hikvision cameras, but have an electronic background.

I have two of the 2CD2432F-IW cameras - nice cameras with lots of software features. I also have a 2CD2032F-I on POE.

The 2032 works flawlessly - its running V5.3.0 and the 2432's V5.4.0 (thats' even newer than the US Hikvision version which is 5.3.0 !).

The problem I have is the two 2432's drop the IP LAN (wired) connection intermittently. I've verified the IP address, used both DHCP and STATIC, and checked all the other settings, there are NO IP conflicts on the network. The cameras appears to be OK from the LED's on the front panel showing the top Blue LED and activity on bottom amber one. I've moved them to another PORT on my network, and changed the IP address from the range of DHCP IP addresses to the range that I use for Static IP. HOWEVER, the WLAN work OK with no intermittent issues.

To get the camera operational requires power cycling and then it will run for a day, an hour, whatever. When it goes stupid, I can't PING or connect to it.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Phast Phil

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cable termination issue, got any network errors on the switch port? T-568B?

bench test one of em

phast

n3wb
Reaction score
cable termination issue, got any network errors on the switch port? T-568B?

bench test one of em
I've checked the log, but all looks normal - the router the camera is plugged into, of the 4 ports, one is connected to the main router, one to a MicroCell, and the third to the camera. The Microcell works flawlessly, and Wifi networks are never affected. ONLY the camera - and as I noted I moved ports on the WiFi router, just in case. The ethernet cables are commercial cables, pinned the same on both sides T568B config. I changed the lan cable just in case.

I now have the camera on WiFi and it has not missed a beat. But if I put my NVR on line, the resources needed for the video from 3 cameras over the WiFi will pretty high, so I prefer a direct connection.

I blamed the first camera to a bad internal NIC, but then I ordered another one, and it exhibited the same problem. So my original thinking was the problem was external to the camera. Just a bit stumped.

Phil

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
a short pre-fab cable plugged directly into your switch shows the same symptoms? (bench test) could be EMI induced along the run, perhaps from passing too closely to high power lines or fluorescent ballasts.

phast

n3wb
Reaction score
a short pre-fab cable plugged directly into your switch shows the same symptoms? (bench test) could be EMI induced along the run, perhaps from passing too closely to high power lines or fluorescent ballasts.
Hi
You are Physic, the LAN cable runs parallel with 2 long fluorescent fixtures - and I was think just this morning if there was some EMF induction happening, especially during turn on or turn off - the lights are on an automated control system so they get turned off / on during early morning and late evening times. Time to retest directly into the router.

Thanks for the follow up

Phil