Intermittent Failed Motion Detection Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P

butwhy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P with 8 POE terminals (Firmware: v3.3.18 POE ports)

connected to:

1x DS-2CD2332-I2 v5.2.5 Build 141201
6x DS-2CD2232-I5 v5.2.5 Build 141201

I've managed to enable virtual host, and get motion emails sent directly from the cameras.

The issue is, motion detection seems to fail on the NVR itself, even when I turn up the sensitivity to the max. It seems to work for a bit, then it just stops working altogether (again despite getting motion emails). Ie nothing records, there is no recording symbol popping up on the VGA output despite the dynamic motion analysis picking up to the motion.

Initially, I thought it was cause I'd enable expert mode for motion detection on the cameras itself. However, even when I've put it back to normal mode it is still happening.

I've tried reboots (physical and soft reboots).

The other thing (maybe related), when I log into the NVR using my laptop (using IE and IVMS), I can no longer see the picture of the camera I'm adjusting (eg trying to adjust motion detection settings). I can however, view it in live view and on the ipad. This seems to happen on the channels that the motion detection fails.

Would anyone have any suggestions? It's doing my head in.

Thanks