Internet Explorer is too old

orinoco

n3wb
Reaction score
Having resigned myself to using default.htm to be able to view blueiris at full fps I built a new viewing station on Windows 10 completed all updates then I run ie connecting to server/default.htm this caused an error stating that ie was too old and secure mode would need to be disabled, went and checked version of ie on my Windows 8 machine, exact same version of ie opened default.htm without issue and without needing to disable secure mode, I rebuilt the viewing station on windows 8.1 applied all updates tried through ie on this machine same error message, running same build and ie version as machine that can connect? Can anyone shed some light on this anomaly?

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You couldn't copy the error message here or paste a screenshot?

What exact same version of IE would that be?

Blue Iris's login page does not have any such error message. The custom one I built does. It sounds like you are using that (another detail you should have mentioned!!).

In the event that window.JSON is not defined, my login page will say:

Code:
Your web browser is too old to use the Blue Iris web interface properly.

To proceed with this browser, disable the \"Secure only\" requirement within Blue Iris's web server settings.
Thing is, window.JSON is part of every web browser since IE 8. So the fact you are getting this on what I'm guessing is IE 11 most likely means your browser has decided to enter a compatibility mode that makes it pretend to be IE 7 or older.

orinoco

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies I was away from the viewing station when I posted

ie version

Custom built webpages being used, hitting the default.htm on viewing station through ie as Chrome my usual browser and ui2 kills my fps

Thanks I have just checked the compatibility view settings and the webserver address has been added, now removed

orinoco

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, all working now, thanks for your help, much appreciated