Internet Explorer

BobbyArcher

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The key is to keep Win10 as long as possible, shut off Windows updates, and go into Task Scheduler and delete/disable any items Windows has added that will switch to Edge and remove Explorer.

1638760551985.png
Disable Win10/Pro updates
I posted this before ...

Here is the best way that I have found to control Windows updates Automatically .....

WAU Manager

... this utility will allow you to total control/disable Windows 10 updates. No installation necessary, just download it to your desktop configure - save and apply your options of choice. You can pick and choose what you want updated, you can even uninstall and block updates, best of all it's free.

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello.
You can use Mozilla 35.0.1 browser, it works great with all Dahua devices.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use an old Win7 laptop that will not update. I tried when Win10 was available free and updates fail. It is too old for Win11 hardware requirements. When it was updating, it would always re-write the MBR. I have Linux installed and that would keep me from accessing it until I manually re-wrote the MBR to access those partitions. It has been awhile but I think I wrote protected the MBR and when update fails to write it, it would fail. If Windows still writes the MBR (GPT now) and you write protect the GPT, maybe updates would fail?

On my Desktop, it came with 10 then oneday, it was 11. I think I had turned off auto updates but it did anyway. Maybe it asked and wife clicked yes? I do not have Linux loaded on it. Just tried and no Internet Explorer (ie) found on the Windows 11 machine. I know it was here at one time.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just tired this and it worked. In edge, I turned on an option to allow pages to open in ie mode. I added the address of an amcrest camera under always allow. It needed the http:// prefix. It then asked to load the plugin. I did and it worked. If the ie option is not turned on, it wants to load the NACL plugin. It redirects to the Chrome store and says you can now load chrome plugins into edge. I did not try NACL since there were sign in issues that I could not resolve easily.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, I lucked out. I have been using IE to communicate directly to my Hikvision NVR's because in the past I could not do it with Window's 10. Well, I just tried it again today and it worked. Now I need to try it with a camera hooked up to my LAN.

Wiz_ard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Windows 11 users should have a "reload tab in internet explorer mode" option when using the edge browser.
1651020738494.png
If you don't have that option, check these settings inside edge
1651021227476.png

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Most of our cams can support Edge well now, firmware after later 2021.
I can't beleive Chrome hasn't been supported as it's now the world's most popular Browser.

I would have thought Chrome / Firefox would have been pretty much the go to pair now especially as Dahua would be unwise to put all it's egges in just the 1 chrome basket. Dahua really needs to pull it's finger out to get additional browser support. Can't be that difficult.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I can't beleive Chrome hasn't been supported as it's now the world's most popular Browser.

I would have thought Chrome / Firefox would have been pretty much the go to pair now especially as Dahua would be unwise to put all it's egges in just the 1 chrome basket. Dahua really needs to pull it's finger out to get additional browser support. Can't eb that difficult.
hmmm, Chorme can do support, i mean from Late Dec. firmware 2022 it can support the Edge too, chorme always support on the SMD 3.0 cams.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Didn't realise it was down to you to add support Andy.

Chrome I think is the most popular browser now although there are some custom varitations eg vivaldi. Firefox has always been popular. IE and Edge, not so much now although Edge comes with all Windows pcs.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
What will happen in the dahua nvr device tab? For direct access to cameras through the nvr it dumps you out to IE.