Internet Explorer

unclepabs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks, Microsoft have thought about this & included Internet Explorer mode into Edge; full guide on how to configure this here >> How to use Internet Explorer mode in the Microsoft Edge browser for Windows 11 | My Computer My Way <<
further: The next part of this equation is to add and run the web configuration page that you’re working on as a “trusted sites” zone; info on how to achieve this is here:>> How to add a website as a trusted site << Note well that if you’re accessing just http rather than https you’ll need to un-tick the “require server verification” check box; also, adjust the security level to low for the trusted sites zone; this should, or will allow out dated publisher plugins to run in your browser session
Some people’s suggestion of “disabling windows updates” would be a bad move!! Think in the following logic….
You’re accessing a security system; probably a client’s; you want to be as secure as possible! Hackers write code which can bounce around the internet, & when it finds a hole in any unpatched system; bang! It’ll inject the poison & pass the virus / worm from system to system; including any DVR / NVR / IP camera; or anything with a network connection for that matter!
so it’s best practice to be fully patched; & that also importantly includes firmwares on your recorders (caveat; do your homework first on firmwares as it’s sometimes not possible to go to the latest release from a really old release), also keep your antivirus definitions upto date! It’s “Swiss cheese” out there! Good luck all

Last edited:

unclepabs

n3wb
Reaction score
And how many posts have you seen that IE mode on Edge doesn't work....

Sounds good in theory but it don't work for some of these cameras ...
The next part of this equation is to add and run the web configuration page that you’re working on as a “trusted sites” zone; info on how to achieve this is here:>> How to add a website as a trusted site << Note well that if you’re accessing just http rather than https you’ll need to un-tick the “require server verification” check box; also, adjust the security level to low for the trusted sites zone; this should, or will allow out dated publisher plugins to run in your browser session

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The next part of this equation is to add and run the web configuration page that you’re working on as a “trusted sites” zone; info on how to achieve this is here:>> How to add a website as a trusted site << Note well that if you’re accessing just http rather than https you’ll need to un-tick the “require server verification” check box; also, adjust the security level to low for the trusted sites zone; this should, or will allow out dated publisher plugins to run in your browser session
Do you work for Microsoft :lmao:

Still doesn't work for the Dahua PTZ. Make time reverts to 15 seconds.

And not every option is available.

unclepabs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks, Microsoft have thought about this & included Internet Explorer mode into Edge; full guide on how to configure this here >> How to use Internet Explorer mode in the Microsoft Edge browser for Windows 11 | My Computer My Way <<
Some people’s suggestion of “disabling windows updates” would be a bad move!! Think in the following logic….
You’re accessing a security system; probably a client’s; you want to be as secure as possible! Hackers write code which can bounce around the internet, & when it finds a hole in any unpatched system; bang! It’ll inject the poison & pass the virus / worm from system to system; including any DVR / NVR / IP camera; or anything with a network connection for that matter!
so it’s best practice to be fully patched; & that also importantly includes firmwares on your recorders (caveat; do your homework first on firmwares as it’s sometimes not possible to go to the latest release from a really old release), also keep your antivirus definitions upto date! It’s “Swiss cheese” out there! Good luck all
Do you work for Microsoft :lmao:

Still doesn't work for the Dahua PTZ. Make time reverts to 15 seconds.

And not every option is available.
I don’t work for Microsoft; just trying to advise. Is the firmware current release? Try running the browser web configuration page in internet explorer mode and as compatibility mode and trusted sites. Also, try clearing the browser cache history completely to force the plugin to reload. Next steps would be speak with Dahua technical support for the area in which you are located. There must be a work around / solution to this. Good luck

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah you run the latest firmware on this Dahua PTZ and it loses autotracking, so that is a no go...

Edge deletes all cache and cookies at every exit.

It isn't an issue with the plug-in. Regardless of what time you put for the track time, it always reverts to 15 seconds. Unless using actual Explorer.

unclepabs

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah you run the latest firmware on this Dahua PTZ and it loses autotracking, so that is a no go...

Edge deletes all cache and cookies at every exit.

It isn't an issue with the plug-in. Regardless of what time you put for the track time, it always reverts to 15 seconds. Unless using actual Explorer.
That’s really interesting; and frustrating! I’d say definitely one for Dahua technical I’d say >> support << There may be so many issues moving forward; especially with equipment on older firmwares too! Surely Dahua have a roadmap / plan for this? Be interested to see how this plays out

Reimo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You guys are overthinking.
Edge browser has Internet Explorer mode (see the three dots menu and Reload in Internet Explorer mode). So far works like charm.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Clearly there are many who are clamoring to find a working solution to the impending absence of IE.

Still begs the question, when are the manufacturers going to update their firmware to be a bit more modern?? This decision to disintegrate IE wasn't revealed last week!!

Another feather in Andy's cap... :thumb: :thumb:
Most of our cams can support Edge well now, firmware after later 2021.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
S

sure it does, you just have to do all the other tricks too, just like in good old days with IE.
You obviously do not have a Dahua PTZ with autotracking...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That’s really interesting; and frustrating! I’d say definitely one for Dahua technical I’d say >> support << There may be so many issues moving forward; especially with equipment on older firmwares too! Surely Dahua have a roadmap / plan for this? Be interested to see how this plays out
You must still be a NOOB or do not have many Dahua or Hikvision cameras (or it is different in the UK than it is in the USA)....

The homeowner isn't the Hikvision and Dahua target audience, it is the professional installers, so we cannot purchase directly and thus they will not take your phone call for support related questions - they will tell you to talk to the installer you purchased from. Many people have bought a Hikvision or Dahua from Amazon or some shady foreign website and when they call Hikvision or Dahua for support they basically tell them to go pound salt. We simply are not their intended market to sell to and they will not take your call for support...Lot's of threads here confirming this, including this one from last week where someone tried to call for support and they told them sorry talk to your installer.

We are just fortunate to be able to get our hands on these types of cameras and a forum like this to help us troubleshoot when needed.

unclepabs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the publicised NOOB assumption. Sorry, I assumed you were an installer able to escalate technical matters directly with the manufacturer.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most here are not installers, but rather DIY'ers that prefer to get quality gear without the markup of installers. One of the reasons this forum was created. And folks here have tried every iteration of every browser out there trying to find one that works. Pale Moon seems to be the closest, but some cameras it still struggles with since the firmware was developed and centered around Explorer.

A reputable vendor @EMPIRETECANDY here does have a great relationship with them and has escalated it, but it doesn't appear to be an immediate priority with the manufacturer, so we continue to find other ways to keep Explorer going until that time.

But even then, many of us don't want to update firmware for a camera working fine as it could introduce a problem that currently doesn't exist.

Most here have cameras isolated from the internet, and many have an old laptop that has no internet connection and maybe running Win7 or some older version and will continue to use Explorer that way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You obviously do not have a Dahua PTZ with autotracking...
Wittaj - I do have a 49225 with the autotracking firmware 0312 version. I have found if I create a shortcut of Iexplorer and then run it with Start InPrivate Browsing it works perfectly fine and saves all my changes properly. This is in Windows 10 Home. I have several older Windows 7 machines, and have more problems using IE 11 on these, than I do with the Win10 version of IE.