Internet setup help

Reaction score
I have a Dahua PoE NVR and Dahua cameras all connected.
I have my Dahua NVR plugged in to my router.
I can not for the life of me figure out how to get it on the internet and how to be able to view it from my PC (on the same network) or on my Android device with gdmss.
I've read through the wiki and just can't seem to figure it out.
Does anyone have links to a helpful youtube video or just some help in general with this setup.

Thanks

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Try on YouTube, 123-cctv. They have a ton of videos that could help you. If you're having trouble just doing this step, it's likely vpn will be even more vexing, albeit the better option. Good luck.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well that sucks. My router (Eero) does not have VPN support built in. I think I need to buy another router just for VPN and connect my Eero network to that.
You'll often find the super simple system lack features. In your case, you'd want to use Eero for wifi only and not routing/firewall. See if it has an access-point-only mode where you can connect it behind another router without adding another layer of NAT which would partition your network in two.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
You won't find anyone here recommending port forwarding these days, but this will help you for the moment.