Interval between Motion Alert email images

thomo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there anywhere to set the timeout interval between the motion detection images sent via email?

I currently have a few Hiks connected to a Hik 7608NVR and 1 of the cameras specifically watches the electric gate on the front of my premesis.

Say im coming into my gate i open the gate and the gate sets off the motion alert and emails me 3 images of the gate opening.

Then i drive through it and the gate closes.

Well the next email i get is of 3 images of the gate closing.

i dont get the middle email alert which would be the car actually moving through the gate.

As though there is a 3 or 5 second interval between motion stopping and being triggered again.

Is there any settings i can change as i cant really find any but im no camera expert to either increase the amount of stills that the motion detection sends out in an email, or decrease the internal time between the stills that it catches?

i know i can refer to the recordings and double check the times from the email stills to see exactly what was going on but it would be nice to actually get something moving through the gate rather than just get an email with 3 stills watching it open and then another email of 3 stills watching it close missing the main bit - the person entering!

Thankyou

cctvnerd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I dont have access right now to a hikvision camera to check out the motion detection setting. but i can remember that you can set the time between the alerts. and thats what you need to check... because when the motiton are triggered to late you dont get the alarm that you want. can you post a picture from your settings?