Intrusion Detection issue with PTZ

Reaction score
I have an OEM version of a Hikvision PTZ (I believe the equivalent Hikvision model is DS-2DE5425W-AE). I have it set up for smart tracking, and have an intrusion detection area set up for the four most common presets, linked to smart tracking. It sort of works, but the problem I have is that it will track an object entering the intrusion area, then snap back to where it was within seconds. I have smart tracking set for a timeout of zero, which is supposed to disable it. I have a park action set at 720 seconds, which really should be fine ... but I tried disabling it too, and no difference. I can't for the life of me, no matter how much I fiddle with settings, get it to stay on an intruder. I have the threshold set to 1, and the sensitivity to 100 (likely too high, but I can play with that once it works). The firmware is the latest available for the OEM. What I don't understand is how the intrusion triggers and what releases it. My understanding was that it went by movement in the area. I also had the thought that when something left the area, it might snap back, but I just watched it follow the housekeeper from the front of the driveway right to the garage, a good 90 degrees out of the intrusion area, but as soon as she reached for the keypad to let herself in, it snapped back to the home position. The OEM distributor is no help, he has less of an understanding than I do, all he could say was "factory reset it." Which I did, but it didn't help.

Reaction score
No ideas at all? I've seen this problem reported before, and no solutions were provided to those people either. Is it just a flaw in the camera's design? I have some trouble accepting that, as many haven't had the issue. I just wish I could get some ideas how to even track down what settings are conflicting.

Last edited:

Flavacali

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an OEM version of a Hikvision PTZ (I believe the equivalent Hikvision model is DS-2DE5425W-AE). I have it set up for smart tracking, and have an intrusion detection area set up for the four most common presets, linked to smart tracking. It sort of works, but the problem I have is that it will track an object entering the intrusion area, then snap back to where it was within seconds. I have smart tracking set for a timeout of zero, which is supposed to disable it. I have a park action set at 720 seconds, which really should be fine ... but I tried disabling it too, and no difference. I can't for the life of me, no matter how much I fiddle with settings, get it to stay on an intruder. I have the threshold set to 1, and the sensitivity to 100 (likely too high, but I can play with that once it works). The firmware is the latest available for the OEM. What I don't understand is how the intrusion triggers and what releases it. My understanding was that it went by movement in the area. I also had the thought that when something left the area, it might snap back, but I just watched it follow the housekeeper from the front of the driveway right to the garage, a good 90 degrees out of the intrusion area, but as soon as she reached for the keypad to let herself in, it snapped back to the home position. The OEM distributor is no help, he has less of an understanding than I do, all he could say was "factory reset it." Which I did, but it didn't help.
. Try this video I used his setup and it worked.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I watched that video too, before I set it up. I did not get the same great results. I have mine set now to only record on the intrusion detection, and more often than not, it follows whatever enters the zone for about five seconds, then snaps back to where it was. Once in a while, it will track normally, but only once in a while.

Reaction score
If you right click, then open that video in a new tab, it plays, not sure what I should be converting it to to play directly, but it does work in new tab. Settings are as follows:
Intrusion Settings 1.jpg

Intrusion Settings LInkage.jpg

Last edited:

W4lki3

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem.

i thought it was the park action setting but it wasn't...

You are still having this problem?

ps in the video of dvs the cam stays at the door for langer then 5 seconds